TripAdvisor finally stops selling tickets to cruel animal attractions after fierce criticism that it profited from elephant rides, tiger petting and dolphin swims
TripAdvisor, which has for years been accused of profiting from animal cruelty, has finally buckled and announced that it will stop selling tickets to cruel wildlife attractions from Wednesday.
According to one charity, the tourist attractions listed on the US-based travel site are causing as many as 550,000 animals to suffer in cruel conditions each year and include popular activities where visitors pet tigers, ride elephants and swim with dolphins.
But now, with immediate effect, TripAdvisor and its subsidiary Viator will stop generating revenue from such attractions.
Earlier this year,... read more
- 08:39 Rolling road block on M54 after lorry drives the wrong way
- 08:39 WIN: Meals, hotel stay, tickets and more in £1,000 Christmas cracker
- 08:38 Traffic alert: Vehicle fire forces M1 lane closures near Wakefield
- 08:37 Bird flu warning: keepers told to keep poultry inside
- 08:37 China Nov forex reserves fall more than expected to $3.05 trillion,...
- 08:37 From-the-ashes Chorley pub gets a fine new look
- 08:36 BBC faces investigation for ‘insulting’ new Thai king – website...
- 08:35 Chelsea hammer blow as Premier League rivals slap mammoth price-tag...
- 08:33 Cumbria coroner hears of patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:32 Arsenal complete move for ex-Chelsea ace Zech Medley in shock deal
- 08:32 Barcelona reach peak tiki-taka with impressive Champions League record
- 08:31 Shares in Monte dei Paschi rise strongly at open
- 08:31 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi: How it felt to end my goalscoring drought...
- 08:31 Chelsea Premier League winner: This is what Antonio Conte has...
- 08:30 A590 traffic chaos set to last for another week
- 08:30 Tottenham confident of sealing new Toby Alderweireld contract
- 08:29 Sharp rise in 'trolley waits' for hospital beds in England
- 08:29 Patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:29 Hong Kong stocks edge up before ECB meeting, aided by commodity shares
- 08:29 Ex-Marine serving life for Afghan prisoner’s murder could have...
- 08:29 Security forces in Kazakhstan conduct special operation in Aktobe
- 08:28 Delays on A19 near Tyne Tunnel following crash
- 08:27 Poppy Widdison, 4, death: The moment accused asked mum, 'is she...
- 08:26 OPEC deal will go ahead even if only Russia commits - Nigeria oil...
- 08:26 John Menzies names former DHL executive as head of distribution unit
- 08:26 Football fan arrested for throwing burger at police horse
- 08:26 Missing teenager failed to turn up to meet friends in Nottingham...
- 08:26 Teenager killed himself ‘after being belittled by JobCentre staff’
- 08:26 Missing Clifton woman's car left in Beeston
- 08:26 Premier League heavyweights face January struggle: Star man set for...