Trichotillomania: Could stress be causing you to quite literally tear out your hair?
The disorder, called Trichotillomania (TTM) affects two million people, thought to be more than the 1.6 million people struggling with eating disorders.
It can also cause people to pull out their eyelashes, eyebrow and other hair on their body.
Trichotillomania is a psychological condition where the person is unable to stop themselves carrying out a particular action.
They will experience an intense urge to pull their hair out and growing tension until they do - and many use it as a way of relieving stress or anxiety.
After pulling out hair, most sufferers feel a sense of relief.
Ruth... read more
- 16:38 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd: 10 stars who have played for Jose...
- 16:37 WATCH: Paraglider narrowly misses entire TOWN whilst falling from...
- 16:35 How Ricoh Arena is helping graduates kick-start their careers in...
- 16:33 The Yorkshire Post says: The party’s over? Hubris of Ukip leader...
- 16:32 Services to take a hit as Wakefield Council slashes £28m from budget
- 16:31 Champion amateur boxer locked up after police find stolen shotgun
- 16:31 Review: Frank Turner, Lancaster Town Hall, January 21 2018
- 16:30 Defibrillator training sessions to help save lives in Millom
- 16:29 Alexis Sanchez already planning next career move after Manchester...
- 16:29 Woman and toddler taken to hospital after tumble dryer starts blaze
- 16:28 Family pay tribute to well-known former Bury dentist William Eccles
- 16:28 Tesco announces it is shedding 1,700 roles in its stores
- 16:27 This is the best Albert Adomah chant ever - do you agree Aston...
- 16:27 Dozens of jobs ‘at risk’ as Asda responds to ‘unsettling’ proposals...
- 16:27 Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack could find himself playing here
- 16:26 Two Castles Run ballot opening soon
- 16:26 Warning issued over Tide Pod Challenge - this is why it's dangerous
- 16:26 Best foot forward: walking festivals
- 16:26 Irish Hartlepool United fans show support in club’s hour of need
- 16:26 Police defend decision to destroy 'extremely aggressive and...
- 16:25 Clever crows create elaborate hook tools from bendy twigs to dig...
- 16:25 Family’s heartache after 10 year old son dies following crash
- 16:25 That's one way to pass the time: Hilarious footage shows a...
- 16:25 School life: Saskia rewarded for great work in the community
- 16:24 Simon Grayson rejects chance to manage MK Dons as he prepares to...
- 16:24 Traffic delays expected as giant brewery vats head through Derbyshire
- 16:24 Emmerdale spoilers: Did Graham Foster kill Joe Tate’s mum? Actor...
- 16:24 Brawl breaks out as Mike Pence speeds up U.S. embassy move...
- 16:24 UPDATED: Mamas & Papas records ‘positive’ Christmas trading
- 16:23 Northampton school to lend its sports facilities to the community