Tributes to tireless voluntary sector chief who has died
Liverpool’ s arts and voluntary sector paid tribute to one of their unsung heroes after his death at the age of 64.
Ed Murphy became well-known in the city’s voluntary sector for his tireless efforts in helping obtain much-needed funds to keep struggling arts organisations afloat when government money was pulled in the 1980s.
Jayne Casey, who has a long history of running arts organisations in the city, said: “Out of this terrible void, a team of highly co-ordinated volunteers emerged, of whom Ed was one.
“As the 1980s progressed I got to understand his role more - he was so important as a... read more
- 14:05 We’re backing the Grantham BID
- 14:04 Heather Wheeler: Variety of events in South Derbyshire never fails...
- 14:04 Childer Thornton £2m equine therapy centre to benefit people with...
- 14:04 Mirfield councillors have hit out over proposals to build hundreds...
- 14:03 Flammable fancy dress Hallowe’en warning is issued
- 14:03 Jus-Rol factory to be bought by bakery
- 14:03 Pools FA Cup clash switched
- 14:02 Gordon Anglesea: Former police chief guilty of child sex abuse
- 14:01 Carer who fought ISIS has restrictions lifted by police
- 14:01 Stock futures dip as investors assess earnings
- 14:01 Antonio Conte confirms major Chelsea boost: Key man fit to face...
- 14:01 Kevin de Bruyne questions Pep Guardiola's tactics after Barcelona loss
- 14:00 Rugby stars make up guard of honour for Anthony Foley funeral
- 13:59 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte basically confirms John Terry is ready...
- 13:58 Referee Howard Webb reveals former Coventry City striker Craig...
- 13:58 £52K upgrade to Featherstone gas distribution network
- 13:58 Half of British drivers set to hit the road for half-term
- 13:58 Shortlist announced for North East tourism awards
- 13:58 Muslim woman beaten up and threatened with death by family over...
- 13:57 Now KitKat prices may rise due to a weakening pound – cheers Brexit
- 13:56 Port Vale sign former Newcastle United, Hull City and Wigan player...
- 13:56 Firm slammed 'for wrongly stopping tax credit payments'
- 13:55 Christopher Magee said he would do a 'Philpotts' on woman he tried...
- 13:55 Dele Alli like a wild horse, says Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino
- 13:55 A590 and M6 roadworks for the coming week
- 13:53 Prior Park pupils look into the future
- 13:53 Rusty railings are revived along Spittal Promenade
- 13:52 WATCH: I'd swap my first Wrexham AFC goal if it meant FA Cup win...
- 13:52 Scottish Junior Cup preview: Who will still be involved after...
- 13:52 Celebrity singer Kevin Simm to perform on BBC Strictly's It Takes Two