Tributes to 'loved and respected' farmer who died in vintage fighter plane crash
The farming community has paid tribute to a well-respected member who was killed in a plane crash.
Military history enthusiast John Marshall, of Yew Tree Farm, in Willoughby Waterleys, near Countesthorpe, died on October 2 while a passenger in a two-man flight in a vintage P-51 Mustang.
Mr Marshall, in 80s, was killed when the aircraft came down in Bungay, five miles away from Hardwick airfield, in Suffolk, where it was stationed.
The pilot, Maurice Hammond, from Eye in Suffolk, was seriously injured and had surgery at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. His condition is not... read more
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests
- 14:38 LIVE: Coastguard helicopter responds to 'ongoing incident' in...
- 14:38 Town’s oldest building to be saved from possible collapse
- 14:38 Jurgen Klopp: How injury to star man hit Liverpool players
- 14:38 Has Jurgen Klopp just given up on Liverpool winning the title?
- 14:38 Perplexed by your pension? You're not alone - we lift the lid on...
- 14:37 Changes over time give tower surrealistic feel
- 14:37 Civic Society marks 40 years
- 14:36 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:36 YP Letters: Teachers must be equipped to be resilient for pupils’ sake
- 14:36 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:34 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:34 Ladies College choir on song for national contest
- 14:34 Leeds Bradford Airport boosts New York flights roster
- 14:34 Alcohol stolen after pub is ram-raided
- 14:34 Expansion plans for Banbury’s Castle Quay ready to go
- 14:34 Could you be breaking the law when you drive on frosty mornings?
- 14:34 Steven Gerrard discussed managerial ambitions with Jurgen Klopp...
- 14:33 Nicola Adams to make professional boxing debut on Terry Flanagan...
- 14:33 Austrian software firm raises $165 million to take on HPE and IBM...