Tributes to David Lalor, Derby Pubwatch founder and popular landlord, following his death
The daughter of a popular Derby landlord credited by police for curbing city hooliganism has described him as a "very well-mannered and educated gentleman" after his death at 61.
Landlord David Lalor ran the Station Inn, Midland Road, for almost thirty years before he retired and moved to Skegness with his wife three years ago.
Mr Lalor started Derby City Pubwatch in the 1980s and, in 2010, was awarded the National Pubwatch Lifetime Achievement Award as "someone who can get things done, always with humour and a professional, considered approach."
IN OTHER NEWS: Once... read more
- 00:16 Were you duped by a Facebook video? Nasa confirms footage claiming...
- 00:16 The mystery of the 100,000 year cycle that plunges the Earth into...
- 00:16 Russia fires its radical hypersonic 'super nuke' warhead: Prototype...
- 00:14 Reality Check: Is UK still the world's fifth biggest economy?
- 00:13 Eddie Jones praises Tom Wood's work ethic after flanker's England...
- 00:10 How the Big Bang changed the City of London forever
- 00:10 Labour: Failed fraud-busters must pay victims
- 00:06 Syria: Erdogan ‘to drive YPG from Manbij’
- 00:06 Washington abstains from annual UN vote blasting its blockade
- 00:06 ‘Staggering failures’ in NHS Scotland reform as coasts soar
- 00:06 Venezuela: Right accelerates plan to oust Maduro
- 00:06 Rail workers to strike over ‘horrendous’ safety threats
- 00:06 Victim of domestic abuse ‘traumatised’ by court appearance
- 00:06 PM’s ‘cunning plan’ laughed at
- 00:06 Protesters call on Britain to ‘have a heart’
- 00:05 Patients must understand options, says Royal College of Surgeons
- 00:04 Teen seduced by his teacher accused of armed raid on home of woman...
- 00:04 David Goodwillie rape accuser was five times the drink-drive limit...
- 00:04 Disappearing Duarte: Where is Veracruz's governor?
- 00:00 Giroud’s return could be pivital to Arsenal’s fortunes
- 00:00 Rome film festival shows what British screens are missing
- 00:00 Loudon clear music and mirth
- 00:00 Breaking the silence
- 00:00 MMA all but outlawed in France due to new fight decree
- 00:00 Glenn calls for England to have psychologists
- 00:00 Burnham: Money ruining the game
- 00:00 Derided by the state today, heroes tomorrow
- 00:00 Unearthing the hypocrisy of the ‘pro-prostitution left’
- 00:00 Privatised transport not fit for purpose
- 00:00 Labour must stand in by-election