Tributes to community stalwart and headteacher
0 Have your say A man who was a former headteacher at Ponteland High School and very much part of the local community in which he lived has died at the age of 85.
Pip Appleby was involved in a number of local organisations in Morpeth along with wife Joan – both were members of the St George’s Community Players and he took part in many of its productions.
Tributes were paid to him during a service to celebrate his life at Blyth Crematorium.
He died on September 11 after a short illness.
Pip was born and grew up in South Shields and he was 12-years-old when he met his future wife Joan Smith... read more
- 09:54 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:54 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:52 Sam Smith announces North East tour date
- 09:52 Street robber who struck weeks after earlier knife crime to be...
- 09:52 Record-breaking Gary to receive freedom of Copeland today
- 09:51 Example comes to Market Harborough
- 09:50 Arsenal expected XI: Who will make Arsene Wenger’s 3-4-3 to face...
- 09:50 Birmingham child protection service remains inadequate but on track...
- 09:50 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:50 Baby girl born with a giant red BALLOON-like mass on her face could...
- 09:50 Schools defend performance in recent draft scores: ‘We’re all...
- 09:50 Is this Mexican boy the world's FATTEST baby? 10-month-old who is...
- 09:50 Grandmother who felt 'disfigured' following a double mastectomy,...
- 09:49 Brummie Apprentice star James White strips off - and fans are...
- 09:49 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:48 Warwick man’s livelihood put on hold by van fire
- 09:48 Government borrowing at lowest September level for 10 years
- 09:47 Storm Brian 2017: DAYS of downpours forecast as 'weatherbomb' strikes
- 09:47 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:47 Football legend Alan Shearer coming to Doncaster
- 09:47 Baby boy weighs as much as 9-year-old due to rare condition
- 09:47 MP: Travellers review ‘is urgently required’
- 09:46 Amanda Holden admits she and Simon Cowell could have been an item
- 09:46 Mariah Carey targetted by rotten thieves as home robbed of $50,000...
- 09:46 Willshee's Waste and Recycling takes top gong as the Burton Mail...
- 09:45 Birmingham pub bombings: Families to challenge inquest ruling
- 09:45 Ian Lavery MP received £165,000 from trade union
- 09:45 Committee luanches probe into immigration policies in Scotland
- 09:44 Boy's sailing dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:43 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...