Tributes pour in for terminally ill gran who 'met' her unborn grandchild using a hospital ultrasound before passing away
A DYING gran who saw her unborn grandchild on an ultrasound thanks to kind hospital staff has lost her fight for life.
Angela Smith died in the early hours of Thursday after a long battle with Hodgkin’s lymphoma which left her bedbound in hospital.
We told how the 48-year-old shared a magical moment with pregnant daughter Shannon in August after staff used a portable scanner at Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy.
The touching moment was caught on camera with four generations of the family present at the 25-week scan.
Dozens of tributes have poured in for Angela.
Shannon, 20, of Cardenden,... read more
- 09:47 Watch: Drunk 4x4 driver loses control - causing five vehicle fatal...
- 09:47 Shock moment woman's niqab is torn off in Meadowhall shopping...
- 09:47 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:47 4G finally coming to Llangefni ... but your telly signal could be...
- 09:47 The Transport Talk column with Don Mackenzie
- 09:46 Hearts and Hibs derby dates revealed as 2017-18 Premiership...
- 09:46 Hamilton kick-off their league season at Pittodrie
- 09:46 EU nationals living in UK CAN stay after Brexit, Theresa May confirms
- 09:46 Airdrieonians and Albion Rovers face tough start to the League One...
- 09:44 Survey reveals Warwickshire adults lost £9 million to cyber crime
- 09:44 Disabled horse riding charity near Warwick to become new headquarters
- 09:44 VW waives appeal against German dieselgate compensation cases
- 09:43 When does Ramadan end and what is it? Everything you need to know...
- 09:42 Magical mystery tour challenge for pals
- 09:42 Devastated Leicester man explains how best friend died on mountain...
- 09:41 Rejoice, for you can now buy a £140 Prada paperclip with which to...
- 09:41 Why taking a summer time swim in a reservoir could cost you everything
- 09:40 Cheryl takes up private boxing lessons to keep fit following the...
- 09:40 Child rapist jailed for eight years
- 09:39 Skipper convinced of Finals Day presence
- 09:39 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:38 Update | Victim of attempted murder alive but still in a critical...
- 09:38 Folk hero who played her last ever gig in Northamptonshire is...
- 09:38 Barrow bakers knead one last push to hit fundraising goal
- 09:38 Video: Amazing footage of Knypersely Reservoir
- 09:38 Oil edges up, but still set for worst first half performance in 20...
- 09:37 Man Utd 2017/18 home kit images leaked online
- 09:36 PICTURE: Car ends up on roof on busy Sheffield road
- 09:35 Planning applications received by Harrogate Borough Council, week...
- 09:35 Birmingham City and John Terry: The story so far