Tributes paid to Beatles poster artist Tony Booth
Tributes have been paid to the Wirral artist whose work helped put the Beatles on the map.
Tony Booth, who died today at the age of 83, trained as a poster artist after leaving school and started off creating promotional sales material for the Epstein furniture business and record shop.
When Beatles manager Brian Epstein began signing up groups Tony, from Moreton, was given the task of working on the gig posters .
He went on to produce hand-painted gig posters for Merseybeat promoters including Sam Leach, Allan Williams and Cavern Club DJ, Bob Wooler.
Martin King, of Albert Dock attraction... read more
- 19:56 Champions League Final: Liverpool FC need to ‘win it for Dundee...
- 19:50 Absence of swing leaves Anderson and Broad as baffled as the...
- 19:50 Armed bystanders gun down Oklahoma City restaurant shooter
- 19:47 Colombian police re-arrest Escobar hitman for extortion
- 19:46 Young Shetland residents to study island life for stage show
- 19:46 Scotland’s Kirk told to ‘give young the chance of leadership’
- 19:44 Hero science teacher shot three times as he swatted gun away from...
- 19:43 Arsenal transfer news: Unai Emery hopeful of signing Juventus star...
- 19:42 PICTURE: Woman hit by train at Doncaster Railway Station 'treated...
- 19:40 Bride-to-be dies suddenly after saying she felt ‘on top of the world’
- 19:35 No Dundee derbies as Dark Blues get Pars and United draw County
- 19:34 PICTURE: Woman hit by train at Doncaster Railway Station 'treated...
- 19:34 Donald Trump’s North Korea letter is given an F by unimpressed teacher
- 19:33 Missing Coleby twins remembered 75 years after deaths
- 19:33 Prestigious award for third year in a row
- 19:32 Michael Vaughan’s brutal assessment of England and Trevor Bayliss...
- 19:26 Donald Trump to be faced by army of tiny orange hands during UK visit
- 19:26 Vladimir Putin says Sergei Skripal would have ‘died immediately’ if...
- 19:26 PICTURE: Woman hit by train at Doncaster Railway Station 'treated...
- 19:25 Scotland to ‘keep the pound’ for years after independence vote
- 19:22 Beware of burglars this bank holiday - Cumbria Police
- 19:22 Man who swallowed razors and soiled himself in court is jailed for...
- 19:22 Brazilian president sends in army as truck protest strangles economy
- 19:21 Big Interview: North End boss Alex Neil on his debut season at...
- 19:19 Police appeal after Nelson road rage assault
- 19:16 Hiccup for Norton Lindsey & Wolverton Firsts
- 19:14 Car SOS stars launch motor museum exhibition
- 19:06 Wealth of delights in store at Lake festivities day
- 19:05 Man, 65, faces jail for slapping waitress’ backside while wife was...
- 19:04 Pakistan batsmen build healthy Lord’s lead against frustrated...