Tributes after tragic sudden death of Colwyn Bay man who became one of top nurses in the country
A Colwyn Bay man who went on to become of the country’s top nurses has died suddenly.
Philip Norman studied at Ysgol Eirias in Colwyn Bay and left with just two CSEs, but worked his way up through the NHS to become chief executive nurse at one of the UK’s largest city hospital trusts.
He led pioneering work in infection control at the University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust, but died suddenly on Monday aged just 51.
His devastated sister Julie Roberts, who lives in Colwyn Bay, described him as “amazing, caring, very considerate and charming.”
She added: “He was a really dear brother but... read more
- 14:24 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:23 Firefighters put out church basement blaze
- 14:23 Police 'concerned' for missing Mansfield pensioner who has dementia
- 14:22 Story session for grown-ups
- 14:19 Pep Guardiola will 'completely' change Manchester City's team for...
- 14:19 Real Madrid 'plotting to snatch £90m Atletico Madrid star Antoine...
- 14:18 Concerns over missing 76-year-old man with dementia
- 14:17 Robert Mugabe removed as leader of Zimbabwe’s ruling party
- 14:17 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:15 Year 3 primary school teacher spared jail after being snared by...
- 14:14 Why Chris Coleman chose Sunderland and what happens next: The...
- 14:14 Mark Hughes backs Ryan Giggs for Wales job
- 14:14 Praise for ‘fantastic’ Horncastle medics
- 14:12 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:12 X Factor's Sam Black says he only has £1 in the bank after being...
- 14:12 Wales flyer Liam Williams faces battle to be fit for All Blacks...
- 14:12 Wilfried Bony urges Swansea to stick together after barren run of...
- 14:11 Delving into the past of town’s fine building
- 14:11 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:10 ANOTHER car smashes through bollards - residents plead for hi-vis
- 14:09 Derby County's Chris Baird talks about his battle with Fulham...
- 14:07 Drama kids to dance at Disneyland Paris
- 14:07 South Yorkshire beauty queen takes THIRD place in Miss World final
- 14:06 A1 closed in Northumberland following serious collision
- 14:06 New WhatsApp feature will FINALLY save you from group chat blunders
- 14:05 Three in five diabetes patients struggle with mental health issues
- 14:05 Police appeal for witnesses after motorcyclist is seriously injured...
- 14:04 WWE Survivor Series: How to make money betting on the event
- 13:59 I'm really happy for Romelu Lukaku says Jose Mourinho
- 13:59 Peter Kay announces FIVE more Sheffield dates due to 'phenomenal...