Treasure trove of Roman coins dug up in Tarvin
Tim McGuinness A treasure trove of Roman coins was dug up and left on the landowner’s doorstep in Tarvin.
A foreign metal detectorist made the find in February and has since left the country.
An inquest was held to determine whether the discovery would be deemed as treasure at Warrington Town Hall on September 27.
A total of 13 copper alloy coins were handed over to the British Museum to inspect.
Little is known about the finder, who did not attend the inquest, and why they chose to kindly leave their prize find.
Coroner Dr Janet Napier presided at the hearing.
Read More Chester's hidden... read more
- 15:15 Arsene Wenger reveals how many points Arsenal need to win the...
- 15:14 Couple pump £200,000 into Ilkeston pub - and turn it into a success
- 15:14 Christmas 2016: Your complete guide to the festive shows in Nottingham
- 15:13 Perfect scores for young pupils
- 15:13 Award-winning Yorkshire Meatball Company announce closure of its...
- 15:13 Clashes in Somalia displace 75,000 as rains threaten - U.N.
- 15:12 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:12 11-year-old Rangers fan bottled in head before Old Firm game set to...
- 15:12 Design competition launched for new Scottish baby box
- 15:12 Hull City appoint Neil McDonald as new assistant coach
- 15:11 Chatburn woman (55) dies in house blaze
- 15:10 Hawker Yard pop-up idea is long-term winner
- 15:10 Foreign firms to increase spending on Iraqi oil fields in Basra -...
- 15:10 What is sepsis? Deadly condition kills tens of thousands every year
- 15:10 Euro zone inflation outlook still in the balance - ECB's Hansson
- 15:09 LIST: 2016 Nottinghamshire bonfire night events
- 15:09 When is Ross County v Celtic? Kick-off time, TV channel and odds
- 15:08 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:08 Poldark ‘rape scene’ complaints examined by media watchdog
- 15:07 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:07 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:07 See water shoot into the air during Gateshead High Street roadworks
- 15:06 Kenyan president commutes all death sentences to life in prison
- 15:06 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:06 South Yorkshire bid to beat domestic abuse
- 15:06 Cuerden jobs site moves step nearer
- 15:06 Man threatened with knife in attempted robbery in Stockton
- 15:05 Girl with incurable illness gets to be police dog handler for the day
- 15:05 Dad 'stalked by cancer' which claimed his wife and daughter
- 15:04 Man sought after he exposed himself on trains