Travellers stay put after arriving nearly a week ago - despite a 24 hour notice to leave
TRAVELLERS are still pitched up outside John Leggott College after arriving almost a week ago.
They arrived on Thursday, September 29 and were issued a 24-hour notice to leave by North Lincolnshire Council the next day.
However, nearly a week later between 10 and 15 caravans remain parked up on the site next to John Leggott car park.
MORE: More than 100 extra nurses recruited to Scunthorpe hospital trust
The council had to take action to remove travellers from the same site during the summer.
A local resident said last week: "They made an absolute mess of the field then but luckily... read more
- 17:49 Pensioner in hospital after bus crash which brought city centre...
- 17:46 VIDEO: 85-year-old woman put into induced coma after crash which...
- 17:46 Christmas soup lunch in Louth on Saturday
- 17:46 Christmas carol flash mob to take over Barrow town centre
- 17:46 Former police chief becomes chairman of Lincolnshire’s hospitals trust
- 17:44 I'm A Celebrity's Rebekah Vardy left 'heartbroken' over how she...
- 17:43 Britain First chief Jayda Fransen shouts 'No Surrender' after...
- 17:43 List of 17 Birmingham bus routes diverted due to icy conditions
- 17:39 Beard-stroking 'job' advert gets thousands of responses
- 17:38 Warnings over illegal rave-style event proposed at 'dangerous...
- 17:37 Neymar ‘wants’ Real Madrid move: How he could fit in at the Bernabeu
- 17:37 James Rodriguez: Bayern Munich star planned Real Madrid return and...
- 17:37 F1 news: Williams DELAY decision over 2018 drivers Robert Kubica...
- 17:37 Ashes: Jonny Bairstow does his dad proud with maiden hundred
- 17:36 Rigoletto review: Royal Opera House, London
- 17:35 Murder investigation launched after two-year-old child dies in...
- 17:35 'It's finally real life for her' - brave girl's joy about spending...
- 17:34 Brexit talks: Why 2018 will be no easier
- 17:34 Emergency services battle bad weather to rescue man stranded on...
- 17:34 Revealed ... the four options for the new Menai crossing
- 17:33 Ceredigion Herald newspaper ends print run after two years
- 17:32 Stephen Robinson reveals Motherwell are closing in on a replacement...
- 17:32 Rylan Clark-Neal announces hiatus from This Morning
- 17:31 Former police chief becomes chairman of Lincolnshire’s hospitals trust
- 17:31 Murder investigation launched after two-year-old child dies in...
- 17:31 Charlie takes top spot in book review competition
- 17:30 Chance to work at ancient Skara Brae on Orkney
- 17:30 South Shields barber shop set to give free haircuts to homeless
- 17:29 Police charge 15 drink or drug drivers from Leeds so far this month
- 17:29 Family forced to block igloo after dog kept using it as a kennel