Travellers remain at Scunthorpe playing fields despite court order to leave
TRAVELLERS camped on land near John Leggott College in Scunthorpe remained at the site today (Sunday, October 9) despite a court order requiring them to leave.
A number of caravans have been parked at the West Common Lane playing fields opposite the college since Thursday, September 29.
A court order was obtained by North Lincolnshire Council on Thursday (October 6), requiring the travellers to leave the site within 24 hours or risk further action being taken to remove them.
But caravans were still on the land this morning.
It is the second time this year that the playing fields site has... read more
- 09:42 Rapper targeted in arson attacks over 'disrespectful' songs and...
- 09:42 Two arrested after knife attack at Carlisle takeaway
- 09:41 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:40 Seth Rollins brings back the Curbstomp, Chris Jericho to return:...
- 09:40 Court listings 16/01/18
- 09:40 UK inflation rate falls slightly
- 09:40 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:39 Watch what Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could bring to Manchester...
- 09:38 We pay for the FENCE! May fires back at Macron over claims UK...
- 09:38 Documentary to turn spotlight on ‘mate crime’
- 09:38 Thug threatened to bite and spit at police while claiming he was...
- 09:37 Top Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic shot dead
- 09:37 Thief disturbed during burglary at Wellingborough house
- 09:37 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday January 16 2018
- 09:36 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:36 PTSG’s results are set to be in line with board’s expectations
- 09:36 F1 logo could land authorities in LEGAL battle over copyright issue
- 09:36 Fresh Alexis Sanchez twist: Chelsea accept Man Utd will complete deal
- 09:36 NHS will actually get more than £350,000,000 a week after Brexit,...
- 09:35 Ancient buried village discovered in Derby field
- 09:35 Manchester United stars Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku...
- 09:35 OPINION: Most fans trust Gary Rowett so much he could sign the...
- 09:35 Hundreds turn out to remember former JMU student and six-month old...
- 09:35 VIDEO: Maryport Junior School celebrates Ofsted success
- 09:34 REVEALED: How these Northampton food shops ended 2017 with a "zero"...
- 09:34 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:34 Andrew Jones MP: "I was pleased to accept" new role in government
- 09:33 Nelson nursery embraces outdoor learning in Nurtured in Nature...
- 09:33 Hurry up - there will be 200 MILLION more tourists here soon! The...
- 09:32 St Johnstone closing in on January signings (and a French trialist...