Transplant patient comes face-to-face with his own HEART after donating it to medical research 7 years ago
A transplant patient who donated his old heart for research has came face-to-face with the organ seven years after surgery.
Kieran Sandwell, 45, was speechless by the sight of his old organ, but happy it had been helpful for medical research.
He had been born with a form of congenital heart disease called transposition of the great arteries (TGA) where the main arteries of the heart are 'plumbed' the wrong way around.
After having a heart attack at the young age of 13 he has been a patient at Royal Brompton Hospital in London for the last 20 years.
Mr Sandwell also suffered a stroke at 21... read more
- 09:43 David Cassidy's daughter Katie reveals Partridge Family star's...
- 09:41 Roads closed after two crashes on M62 and M53 in "terrible conditions"
- 09:40 Speeding offences in England and Wales at a record high: Nearly...
- 09:36 Real Madrid transfer news: Leonardo Bonucci could be sold by...
- 09:35 Try not to squirm while you watch a barber shaving the inside of...
- 09:34 Ice and flood warnings issued for Cumbria today
- 09:33 Music review: The Killers
- 09:33 Music review: Pussy Riot
- 09:33 Music review: Deep Purple/Europe
- 09:33 Music review: Hebrides Ensemble & Meow Meow: Restless Love
- 09:33 Music review: Queens of the Stone Age
- 09:33 Theatre review: The Weir Sisters | Dance review: Tango Moderno
- 09:33 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:32 Warning: we could be set for measles outbreak
- 09:31 This house with a garden INSIDE could be yours - for £3.2million
- 09:31 Road closed because of ice as widespread frost hits region
- 09:30 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:28 Here's why Derby County goalkeeper Scott Carson is hoping to...
- 09:28 Snow and ice causing problems on the roads - updates
- 09:24 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 NHS Lincolnshire East supports Lung Cancer Awareness Month
- 09:23 Louth man pleads not guilty to sexual assault
- 09:21 Jamie Robson is cheering pal John on with both head and heart
- 09:21 Jamie Robson realises playing well for Dundee United is best way to...
- 09:21 Big selection headache for Arbroath boss Dick Campbell ahead of...
- 09:21 East Fife boss has a nice selection headache
- 09:21 Chance for Cowdenbeath to climb off the bottom of the table
- 09:21 Darren Dods has seen an attacking change in Dundee United
- 09:21 Raith boss Barry Smith looking for some home comfort against...
- 09:21 Fraser Aird wants another eye-catching display for Dunfermline