Transfers: What Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said when asked about West Brom defender Jonny Evans
Arsene Wenger has denied that Arsenal have approached West Brom over a move for captain Jonny Evans.
The Frenchman, speaking after the Gunners’ shock FA Cup exit at the hands of Nottingham Forest on Sunday, explained that the club weren’t close to signing anybody, amid claims that they’d made an enquiry for the defender.
Evans has been strongly linked with a move away from The Hawthorns this summer, and Arsenal and Manchester City - both suitors in the summer - appear to be interested once again.
He was missing with a sore foot as Albion eased past Exeter in the third round of the FA Cup on... read more
- 13:59 NEW: Exclusive Matt Jansen column
- 13:59 North East castle offers Game of Thrones experience for couples
- 13:58 Alleged cannabis factory discovered in Hilton
- 13:57 Arsenal need Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan this...
- 13:57 Take five: The best places to celebrate Burns Night across Yorkshire
- 13:57 Finsbury Park: Man 'wanted to kill Muslims in van attack'
- 13:56 Sheffield shopper's fury as Henderson's Relish substituted with...
- 13:56 21st-century poetry with Andy Croft Words of resistance to the...
- 13:56 Real Madrid have contacted Chelsea star Thibaut Courtois TODAY...
- 13:55 Apple will cancel the iPhone X this summer due to disappointing...
- 13:55 What is Tom Brady’s net worth and when will the New England...
- 13:54 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill rejects SFA's offer to become...
- 13:53 Six figure finance deal backed opening of Blackpool pub and micro...
- 13:53 Blackpool hospital fund launches networking event
- 13:52 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:52 Chester FC clash with Dover Athletic gets new date
- 13:52 Theresa May to host Burns Supper at Downing street
- 13:51 Caring Dee just loves being a ‘people person’
- 13:51 Thug attacked bar manager after she was refused a drink
- 13:51 Derbyshire police backing national campaign to help stamp out fraud
- 13:51 New appointment to look after student accommodation
- 13:51 Michael O’Neill turns down Scotland
- 13:51 Police issue crime prevention advice after spate of burglaries in...
- 13:50 Heart charity looking for help with world record bid
- 13:50 Major revamp planned for this Pride Park sports complex
- 13:50 Woman travels the world posting NAKED Instagram pictures for this...
- 13:50 Woman punched in face during handbag robbery
- 13:49 Walney wind farm set to become world's largest now able to generate...
- 13:49 More than 150 homes planned for former Arla dairy site in Ashby
- 13:48 Young's Seafood 'planning huge expansion in BIG opportunity China'