Trains delays of 15 minutes means you could get compensation - we've got everything you need to know
Long-suffering rail passengers will finally be able to claim back compensation when train are more than fifteen minutes late under the government’s new Delay Repay 15 scheme.
The initiative, which is first being rolled out on Southern trains, is hoped to reach the North East “within this parliament term”, according to a Department for Transport spokesperson.
What does this mean for you? This means that rail passengers in the North East using services such as Northern and Virgin will be able to claim back cash when delayed for more than a quarter of an hour. The incentive is hoped to reduce... read more
- 14:54 Deal struck over BHS pension scheme
- 14:54 Brighton promotion would be bigger than Newcastle feat, says Hughton
- 14:54 Newcastle's three away games in a week will shape the Championship...
- 14:53 Cumbrian teen's an online hit
- 14:53 NHS cuts: Harrogate student with coeliac struggles to afford...
- 14:53 I don’t want you in my life if you busk on public transport
- 14:52 Police release e-fit of suspect in Hartlepool girl Katrice Lee's...
- 14:51 Woman assaulted in broad daylight near Grimsby footbridge
- 14:51 PSA unveils new DS7 Crossback sport utility vehicle
- 14:51 Free-range eggs become ‘barn eggs’ following bird flu
- 14:51 UK insurer Aviva to take 385 million pounds charge after discount...
- 14:51 Rise in people being arrested in Northamptonshire for downloading...
- 14:50 Travel chaos: Birmingham Airport passengers to face WEEKS of...
- 14:50 Chelsea legend John Terry named ‘most loyal’ player in the...
- 14:50 Zinedine Zidane hits back after constant questions about Alvaro...
- 14:50 Massimiliano Allegri tells friends he’s leaving Juventus for Arsenal
- 14:50 Philip Green agrees to pay £363m into BHS pension fund
- 14:50 Simon Says 2017 festival line up announced
- 14:49 Rapist ripped woman’s face from her skull during horrific attack
- 14:48 Chairman Judy hosts gala night of Bourne talent
- 14:48 Bridge open to traffic again – but another closure announced
- 14:48 Woodseats nursery celebrates outstanding Ofsted
- 14:48 Grieving relatives of the Tunisia attack to sue tour operator
- 14:48 Wasps hit record £17m turnover in latest accounts - but still make...
- 14:47 Rangi Chase: Castleford drop star and launch internal investigation
- 14:47 Philip Green ‘pays out £363m’ to pensioners at collapsed BHS
- 14:47 Which new venues have been nominated in the Nottinghamshire Food...
- 14:46 Juventus boss Massimo Allegri has revealed he will be the next...
- 14:46 Wonder Woman news: Gal Gadot cosies up to Patty Jenkins as she...
- 14:46 MP branches out to launch plan to keep Valley green and flood free