Trains delays of 15 minutes means you could get compensation - we've got everything you need to know
Long-suffering rail passengers will finally be able to claim back compensation when train are more than fifteen minutes late under the government’s new Delay Repay 15 scheme.
The initiative, which is first being rolled out on Southern trains, is hoped to reach the North East “within this parliament term”, according to a Department for Transport spokesperson.
What does this mean for you? This means that rail passengers in the North East using services such as Northern and Virgin will be able to claim back cash when delayed for more than a quarter of an hour. The incentive is hoped to reduce... read more
- 00:30 Germany's 'hidden champions' of the Mittelstand
- 00:29 Record-shattering 2.7 MILLION-year-old ice core drilled from...
- 00:29 Want to make new friends? Women who talk about their favourite TV...
- 00:29 Look, no hands! $399 camera necklace lets you livestream videos...
- 00:29 How pollution makes its way to the ocean floor: Deep-sea footage...
- 00:27 I am 70: The shopkeeper who lived through Kashmir's wars
- 00:27 China bans weird and long company names
- 00:26 Teenagers to find out A-level results
- 00:26 Stevie Ward: Leeds Rhinos star is perfect role model for all of...
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition
- 00:07 Northern Ireland: May spurns physical north-south border
- 00:07 May refuses to rule out state visit despite latest bigotry
- 00:07 Corbyn slams ‘nazi-like’ Islamophobia in the Sun