Trainee nurse saw three doctors before her bowel cancer was finally diagnosed in A&E
News that symptoms in one in five bowel cancer patients are ignored came as no big shock to me. I saw three GPs in the space of 14 months with pain, tiredness and irregular toilet habits – all signs of bowel cancer.
But it took a trip to A&E, when I was doubled up with stomach pains, before I was finally diagnosed.
I think the problem is that GPs don’t automatically suspect that young people can be suffering from bowel cancer and,
in turn, young patients are not persistent enough in challenging doctors.
I first went to my GP in London in March 2009 after suffering sore joints and... read more
- 10:28 Apprentice Joe shows his skills in regional electrical competition
- 10:28 Wary of divided loyalties, a Baltic state reaches out to its Russians
- 10:28 Doctor Who spin off Class 'axed after just ONE series' due to poor...
- 10:28 Israel denies work permit to Human Right Watch researcher
- 10:28 Loose Women viewers ‘DISGUSTED’ as Janet Street-Porter calls...
- 10:28 British media have 'demonised' Ukip and made me a virtual prisoner,...
- 10:27 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: This is why I dropped Emre Can
- 10:27 Midfielder reveals all on Leeds transfer: This is why I had to join...
- 10:27 Manchester United defender: I will decide my future at the end of...
- 10:26 EXCLUSIVE: Man charged with M6 death crash which killed highways...
- 10:26 You should stop throwing coins into wishing wells immediately
- 10:26 Manchester City defender Gael Clichy reveals DJ Jazzy Jeff is his...
- 10:25 Chesterfield council: 'We can't afford to build and run an ice rink'
- 10:24 Europeans brought a deadly stomach bacteria to the Americas 500...
- 10:24 Great Barrier Reef could be hit by its WORST-EVER blast of coral...
- 10:24 Jamie Vardy movie still on track despite Claudio Ranieri sacking
- 10:23 Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela claims Frankfurt is...
- 10:22 Caught on Camera: Can you help North Wales Police find these people?
- 10:22 Growing times at hair salon in Spalding
- 10:22 SE Asia Stocks-Lower; Trump's tirade on China weighs
- 10:22 British woman ‘secretly buys apartment where Madeleine...
- 10:21 Vicky McClure talks The Replacement, Line Of Duty and those James...
- 10:21 Nuneaton woman arrested over crash which killed expectant father
- 10:20 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:19 National award for ‘loyal’ Amelia
- 10:19 Guess who’s back! Leeds Festival date for rap star Eminem
- 10:19 ‘Dangerous’ road needs new crossing say worried parents
- 10:18 7 Leicester Comedy Festival shows on tonight
- 10:18 Train lines reopen for Northampton's evening commuters after 'bins...
- 10:18 St Margaret's Way closed county-bound due to storm damage