Train with 2,000 passengers broke speed limit by 70mph
A commuter train carrying around 2,000 passengers exceeded a speed limit by 70mph, according to an official report.
The London Midland train was travelling through Queen’s Park in north-west London when the incident occurred, the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) said.
Investigators said the number of passengers on board meant it had the potential to be ‘very serious’.
Boy, 15, in critical condition after shooting in Sunderland The train was driven by one of London Midland’s driver managers, who are responsible for managing groups of train drivers.
He had recently joined the company... read more
- 10:21 LETTER: Brexit dream will turn into a nightmare
- 10:20 How the Birmingham gender pay gap is among worst in the UK
- 10:20 69 new emoji are coming to Twitter - but there's a catch
- 10:20 Mum of Bradley Lowery 'overwhelmed' by messages of support after...
- 10:20 Motorists warned over busiest Spring Bank Holiday for years
- 10:20 Bank Holiday washout? Forecasters dampen hopes of weekend heatwave
- 10:20 Watch: Toyota Supra engulfed in flames in Stechford after suspected...
- 10:20 Oasis star Liam Gallagher to perform solo gig in aid of Manchester...
- 10:20 Live updates: Showell Green Lane in Sparkhill sealed off by police
- 10:20 Fairfield residents must re-submit Lomas lorry concerns
- 10:19 Southam United pull out of the Midland League
- 10:19 Oasis star Liam Gallagher to perform solo gig in aid of Manchester...
- 10:19 Zelda Breath of the Wild update: BOTW sets bizarre sales trend on...
- 10:19 Film reviews: Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Hippopotamus and more
- 10:19 Blood bike bought with cash donated by Russell Roof Tiles has name...
- 10:19 General Election 2017: Jeremy Corbyn on Manchester terror attack -...
- 10:18 Why Greek mountain villagers have healthy hearts
- 10:18 Katie Hopkins to leave LBC 'immediately'
- 10:17 Long lost card arrives in post after 62 years!
- 10:17 UK faces highest ever taxes during peacetime under Labour, economy...
- 10:17 Jihadis from Indonesia and Malaysia wreak havoc in Philippines as...
- 10:17 EU to punish Britain with bill for English teachers to school...
- 10:16 Time to back our global brand: Made in Sheffield
- 10:16 Police found address being used for indecent images belonged to...
- 10:16 In the wake of Manchester bombing this Leicester pub has made its...
- 10:16 EastEnders and TOWIE stars among celebs playing charity match at...
- 10:15 Gossip: Blues name Barkley price?
- 10:15 Former PNE striker could be up for sale
- 10:15 Guests ‘put at risk’ in hotel’s electricity con
- 10:15 Firm’s local jobs pledge as contractor revealed