Train with 2,000 passengers broke speed limit by 70mph
A commuter train carrying around 2,000 passengers exceeded a speed limit by 70mph, according to an official report.
The London Midland train was travelling through Queen’s Park in north-west London when the incident occurred, the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) said.
Investigators said the number of passengers on board meant it had the potential to be ‘very serious’.
Boy, 15, in critical condition after shooting in Sunderland The train was driven by one of London Midland’s driver managers, who are responsible for managing groups of train drivers.
He had recently joined the company... read more
- 08:23 Radical plans for healthcare overhaul to plug £400m black hole
- 08:23 Fallout over conference's 'all-male panel'
- 08:23 Models Own makes Leeds its flagship
- 08:22 Transfer News: Chelsea swap, battle for Arsenal ace, Man United...
- 08:22 Former Manchester United defender Paul Parker criticises treatment...
- 08:22 Tottenham ready to move for star playmaker this summer… But there’s...
- 08:22 Ulverston teen locked up for attacking his mum in front of a child
- 08:20 Tomorrow's cities - nightmare vision of the future?
- 08:20 Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin eyed again for Barcelona transfer
- 08:20 Stratford Masters impress in tough Worcester event
- 08:20 Humberside Police chief constable announces retirement
- 08:20 Green light given to plans for iconic Mytholmroyd store
- 08:19 How my doctors made me doubt my invisible illness
- 08:19 Road sealed off in Oldbury after man injured outside newsagents
- 08:19 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:19 Cash grants of up to £25,000 up for grabs to help tackle mental...
- 08:18 Ross Taylor sends New Zealand records tumbling as unbeaten 102...
- 08:18 Leicester City must forget about title triumph, says Jamie Vardy:...
- 08:18 Fabio Cannavaro admits Tianjin Quanjian approach for Manchester...
- 08:18 Antoine Griezmann wants to 'carry on making history' at Atletico...
- 08:18 Scott Macnab: Indyref2 poses new arguments
- 08:18 Leicestershire weather: Sunny spells developing today. Wet and...
- 08:17 Chelsea facing transfer blow: Star set for Bundesliga move this summer
- 08:17 Uma Thurman ‘Turning down Lord of the Rings was one of the WORST...
- 08:16 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 08:16 Arson investigation after 'toilet set on fire' during Slimming...
- 08:14 Students in Euxton learn about ‘British Values’
- 08:14 Bucket used to throw paint over car in Heysham
- 08:13 Trains and ferries cancelled after 500lb German bomb found in...
- 08:13 Lloyds annual profits soar to £4.24bn