Train firm gets new franchise extension
THE planned £500,000 refurbishment of Stratford train station will still go ahead next summer despite ongoing uncertainty over who will be running services to and from the town.
London Midland gave the assurance earlier today, Monday, after announcing that it has been given another extension to its franchise to run services between Stratford and Birmingham.
The company has been operating those services since 2007, with the franchise due to expire in 2015.
But delays in the tender process meant that has now been extended twice; firstly to October this year, and now until at least December,... read more
- 14:06 SNP Growth Commission: Independence not a ‘magic economic wand’
- 14:05 Bury CCG considers cutting IVF cycles to balance books
- 14:05 How they rated: Preston North End’s players marked out of 10 for...
- 14:05 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 14:05 Man arrested following incident at Cumbrian school
- 14:05 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 14:04 Children kept mother’s body at home to keep collecting her pension
- 14:03 EA kick-start recovery of the River Witham following major...
- 14:03 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 14:02 MH17: Australia and Netherlands accuse Russia of complicity
- 14:01 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho ‘crazy’ about Real Madrid ace and...
- 14:01 Champions League final: Wijnaldum makes Liverpool trophy claim...
- 14:01 The rise of the dog-napper
- 14:01 Parachute plot: The ex-girlfriend who walked away
- 14:00 Where to eat in June: New London restaurants you should check out
- 14:00 Project Update: Final element of retail park bid given green light
- 14:00 Nexus reveal Bank Holiday timetable changes for Metro services
- 13:59 Harvey Weinstein charged with rape and sex abuse against two women
- 13:57 Boy, 15, arrested over murder of Sheffield teenager
- 13:57 It could all be so simple … why did Lauryn Hill disappear?
- 13:57 Fans left with 'invalid' tickets in Ed Sheeran anti-tout scheme
- 13:57 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:55 Kickboxing star who spars with Tyson Fury claims Gypsy King would...
- 13:54 School's sponsored silence raises £1k for vital charity
- 13:53 Bosses blame bad winter weather for delay in opening Sunderland's...
- 13:50 Lakeland Dialect Society to hold church service
- 13:49 Father's warning after daughter cuts her arm on broken glass on...
- 13:47 Ptich perfect boost for Preston youth football club
- 13:47 Emergency incident blocks all railway lines between Meadowhall and...
- 13:46 Saudi Arabia arrests key activist in human rights crackdown