Train fares to rise by average of 2.3%
Train fares in Britain will go up by an average of 2.3% from 2 January, the rail industry has announced.
The Rail Delivery Group, which represents train operators and Network Rail, said the industry was working to simplify fares and improve services.
The increase in regulated fares, which includes season tickets, is capped at July's RPI inflation rate of 1.9%.
Unregulated fares, such as off-peak leisure tickets, can go up by as much as the train companies like.
"We understand how passengers feel when fares go up, and we know that in some places they haven't always got the service they... read more
- 14:40 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:39 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:39 Ponteland Tandoori to remain closed until further notice after...
- 14:39 Manchester terror attack: What we know about the victims and those...
- 14:38 Exclusive: Dubai looking into forming $1 billion shipping...
- 14:38 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:38 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:38 Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United not impressing Edwin van der Sar
- 14:38 A gin and tonic ice cream bar is coming to London for World Gin Day
- 14:38 Mansfield man describes relief at finding daughter after Manchester...
- 14:37 Derbyshire cricket ace Michael Vaughan calls for all non-British...
- 14:37 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:36 What is the Manchester bee? Tattoo ideas to show your support
- 14:36 Brits show they’re not afraid with #BritishThreatLevels after...
- 14:36 County mum confirmed as killed in Manchester bomb attack
- 14:36 Sean's pitch perfect FA Cup date
- 14:36 Part of road to remain closed for third night after gas leak
- 14:36 TRAVEL: All trains at a standstill after signal fault at...
- 14:35 New Fiat 500L - updated SUV range revealed for 2017
- 14:35 Rebecca on point to be a top ballerina
- 14:35 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:34 Hollywood star Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson recreates embarrassing...
- 14:34 Sheffield hero 'jumped out of way of blazing gas canister' to alert...
- 14:34 Manchester terror attack: The victims and those who are still missing
- 14:34 Victims of Manchester attack named
- 14:33 Thousands of pounds of car buyer's cash stolen
- 14:32 Parent calls meeting over her concerns over a Doncaster school
- 14:32 Man, 87, jailed for historical abuse on young girls
- 14:32 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 14:31 Mum hits out at school bans on fidget spinners