Train evacuated after ‘man threatens to blow up carriage’ as police put area on lockdown
Passengers have been evacuated from the train in the German city following the alleged bomb threat.
A man has been detained by police on board the train, which was travelling from Munich to Berlin.
A police spokesman told Leipziger Volkszeitung that a passenger “freaked out” on board the Intercity Express 2302.
The man reportedly was "confused and aggressive" as he "threatened passengers".
Trains blocked between Leipzig and Berlin pic.twitter.com/CDiD58kf4V
— Yuriy Dedkov (@yudedkov) September 28, 2016 IC2302 Leipzig-Berlin: Passengers are at the tram platform at... read more
- 09:40 Donald Trump to have shaky meeting with EU in ‘hellhole’ Brussels
- 09:39 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:39 Bradley Lowery 'doesn't have long left to live', heartbroken family...
- 09:39 Star Wars Last Jedi: Supreme Leader Snoke SHOCK news as his part in...
- 09:39 Pokemon Go Rock-type event end time: LAST CHANCE to catch Adventure...
- 09:39 Have Nottingham researchers found new treatment for diabetes patients?
- 09:38 Tate & Lyle profit jumps on weak sterling
- 09:38 Fighting corruption, Ukraine starts to judge its judges
- 09:38 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Theresa May accused police of ‘scaremongering’ over spending cuts
- 09:37 Pigeon gets tiny backpack to smuggle drugs
- 09:37 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:37 Neighbour from hell repeatedly played Stayin’ Alive and Sweet Dreams
- 09:37 'I will honour those lost by living each day full of joy' Ariana...
- 09:37 Council investment campaign puts PR firm on awards list
- 09:35 Extra trains from West Yorkshire to London for Huddersfield Town fans
- 09:35 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:35 Manchester terror attack: Further arrests made this morning
- 09:34 Rio Ferdinand believes Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick could stay...
- 09:33 Minute's silence at Chesterfield Town Hall to remember Manchester...
- 09:33 National minute's silence to remember Manchester Arena attack victims
- 09:33 Petition launched to improve security at Sunderland children’s...
- 09:33 Burglar gets suspended prison sentence after breaking into ex’s home
- 09:33 Bradley Lowery's family reveal youngster's cancer is spreading 'at...
- 09:32 Hong Kong stocks at fresh 22-month high despite Moody's downgrade
- 09:32 Young Walter Scott prize for budding novelists
- 09:32 Eyemouth’s popular Kirk Square Kitchen returns
- 09:32 Traquair House hosts magical medieval fayre
- 09:31 Leeds school staff express ‘deep sadness’ after ex-colleague dies...
- 09:31 Approval expected for homes at former Sheffield hotel