Trailer banned from tip because it has too many wheels
A man was banned from bringing his trailer to Kirklees tips – because it has too many wheels.
Firefighter Kevin Sykes, 61, of Wooldale, was using the 5ft 11in trailer to transport garden waste when he was turned away from Upper Cumberworth tip.
Kevin has been using the trailer for 14 years and had registered his vehicle on Kirklees Council’s website following new restrictions brought in this summer.
Officials said it was not allowed on tip sites as it was double-axled – meaning it has two sets of wheels – despite it being just inside the 6ft limit on trailer length.
And staff were still... read more
- 13:28 YP Letters: Ominous silence from MP over fracking plan
- 13:28 Lionel Messi will marry his childhood sweetheart Antonella Roccuzzo...
- 13:28 YP Letters: What became of British Bulldog spirit in our dealings...
- 13:28 England seamer Jake Ball undergoes scan on knee injury just a week...
- 13:28 YP Letters: Rail strike will only hurt passengers
- 13:28 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle McCleary’s shocking game plan EXPOSED -...
- 13:28 Mattress 'mountains' springing up as firms find recycling too costly
- 13:27 You'll be VERY surprised what you can get on the back on a bicycle:...
- 13:27 Hunt continues for teenagers who attacked PCSO in Coventry city centre
- 13:27 Doncaster-on-Sea: Town would become a seaside resort if all the...
- 13:27 Life on Byker's Shields Road: From the 'undesirables' to staunch pride
- 13:27 FA, Sheffield Wednesday PLC and South Yorkshire Ambulance Service...
- 13:26 Martin Keown: Jack Wilshere will get a new Arsenal deal but it...
- 13:26 New scheme to speed up muscular appointments
- 13:26 Prime Minister praises Hillsborough families for campaign for justice
- 13:25 What is austerity?
- 13:24 YP Comment: The Hillsborough fight for justice – and how it can...
- 13:24 The pint-puller that's better than a bartender! Students create a...
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket