Tragic: Northumberland truck driver dies before opening his presents on Christmas Day
Larger than life gentle giant Phil Clark lived life to the full.
But on Christmas Day tragedy struck when the 49-year-old died on the sofa as family presents still laid under the tree.
Only hours before, Phil had been dancing in the kitchen with doting wife Kath, and the pair had put out each other’s presents and for grandson Ryan, 19.
But now Kath has opened her heart to pay tribute to the man who constantly made her laugh and wiped away her tears as she shared their true love story.
“We met on December 23, 1986, in the local pub.
“I had a lot of younger friends as I coached the netball... read more
- 15:29 Nasa reveals the truth about whether an apocalypse asteroid will...
- 15:29 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:29 Leeds lap dancing club Silks allowed to keep trading
- 15:27 Leeds United branded 'disgraceful' after announcing Myanmar tour
- 15:26 Man, 58, arrested in Burton on suspicion of being involved in...
- 15:26 Increased security at Birmingham Airport today - this is why
- 15:26 No spring in the property market's step: Dwindling supplies of...
- 15:25 Burton Albion ladies survive fightback to avenge previous defeat to...
- 15:24 Theatre Review Subtle slant on black and white issues
- 15:24 Music Review Voice and guitar virtuosity from Roberts and Lakeman
- 15:24 Friends take on 621 mile cycle challenge at Rutland Water
- 15:24 Theatre Review Distinctly rocky horror show
- 15:24 Blind Alec goes the distance for Uppingham’s Hopper
- 15:24 Music Review Sax sensations from Steve Williamson
- 15:24 Rutland businesses reap benefits of faster broadband
- 15:24 Theatre Review Soft-focus tribute to a gritty working-class writer
- 15:23 Harry Potter themed party announced for Edinburgh MagicFest
- 15:23 Prom fashion on parade in Alnwick
- 15:23 10 of the best Edinburgh beer gardens you might not know about
- 15:23 Streamers delighted as Jonny joins as manager
- 15:23 Portrait of local laird for sale
- 15:23 Cliff Richard case: Editor has 'no concerns' over helicopter footage
- 15:22 'Facebook in PR crisis mode', says academic at heart of row
- 15:22 More than 1,000 students sign up to compensation claim
- 15:22 Explosives scare: This is what the police have said
- 15:21 Louth Bowls: County League honours for Mixed A
- 15:21 Home Office faces court action over asylum children
- 15:21 Toronto police officer hailed as hero for arresting suspect without...
- 15:20 People’s Pantry set to help residents in need
- 15:20 Could you be appearing on Salvage Hunters when it comes to Yorkshire?