Tragic 33-year-old left poignant notes for family before being killed by train
A 33-year-old man left poignant notes for his family just before he was killed by a moving train.
An inquest heard David Preston suffered with alcohol dependency and had taken cocaine just before his death on August 1.
Coroner’s officer Kevin Farrell said Mr Preston, who was single, was seen at Rainhill railway station just after 6am, crossing the track and “walking up and down the platform for some minutes,”.
The court, at St Helens Town Hall, was told how Mr Preston was fatally struck by a Liverpool-bound train travelling at 40mph, which was unable to stop in time to prevent a collision.... read more
- 07:22 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:22 Emmerdale spoilers: New pictures confirm Robert Sugden and Aaron...
- 07:22 Donald Anderson: Why Scotland’s pothole problem is here to stay
- 07:22 Coronation Street spoilers: Kate Connor and Rana Nazir together at...
- 07:21 William Hill fined £6.2m for lax controls
- 07:20 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:20 Paramedic bitten at hospital by a patient he was trying to help
- 07:18 William Hill to pay £6,200,000 for ‘social responsibility and money...
- 07:17 Chris Coleman: Right decision to join Sunderland
- 07:16 Jurgen Klopp to Real Madrid: Sky Sports pundit analyses surprise...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte criticised by Sky Sports pundit for...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Cesar Azpilicueta reveals which Barcelona player fans...
- 07:16 Probe into cause of blaze continues after death of man in Sheffield
- 07:14 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:13 Fe review – sing a song of Metroid
- 07:13 Games Inbox: Best spring video games, Super Mario Galaxy remaster,...
- 07:13 Fergie apologises as she’s slammed for awkward NBA performance: ‘I...
- 07:13 Cumbrian water bottle promotion slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:13 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:08 National Love Your Pet Day: 7 people reveal how dogs saved...
- 07:08 Are you ready for the fishtail brow?
- 07:07 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:07 Flashback: Luke Varney's goal and the day Burton Albion made...
- 07:04 Luke George sets Hartlepool United win target to avoid National...
- 07:03 Francis feels he is 'getting there' at Saints
- 07:02 Northumberland plan ‘well on course’ for 2020 adoption
- 07:02 Warning on PC scammers
- 07:02 Regional meeting for real-ale group
- 07:02 Sweet truth: Are any of the trendy alternatives to jam actually...