Tragedy as 18-month-old baby boy dies after getting wrapped up in his quilt
An 18-month-old baby tragically died after getting wrapped up in his quilt.
Jordan Blue Elmore from Gainsborough was found by his mother on February 3, 2017 at around 10.30am in the morning tangled up in his quilt, which was over his face.
His mother Tanya called for an ambulance but Jordan was later pronounced dead at Scunthorpe General Hospital.
The case has found that the mother did nothing wrong - but it has shone a light on the use of quilts with babies, and when parents should and shouldn't use them.
An inquest into this death was held on Thursday, January 25 at Lincoln Cathedral... read more
- 08:02 Poor wi-fi means Conwy valley pupil does homework in lay-by
- 08:01 Nasal implant that impairs ability to smell could help with...
- 08:00 Tanya Burr's 'daunting' move from YouTube to acting
- 08:00 Danny Boyle to direct next Bond film
- 07:58 Armed bystander shoots dead gunman who opened fire in restaurant
- 07:55 Body found in search for missing Leamington man
- 07:55 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:54 Criminal proceedings not ruled out over use of donations for...
- 07:53 Sheila Hancock on Edie: 'There aren't many actors still around who...
- 07:51 Father and daughter step out for charity
- 07:51 Green-fingered Brownies lend a hand
- 07:51 Popular landlord and colourful character dies
- 07:51 Antiques show heads to Alnwick
- 07:51 Celebrating LGBT culture and life in Northumberland
- 07:51 Latest results from the courts
- 07:51 Northumberland Day – a celebration of our heritage
- 07:51 GALLERY: A trip to the Farne Islands.
- 07:44 Edinburgh Woollen Mill confirms it will move headquarters to Carlisle
- 07:43 Why cockroach milk is the ultimate ‘superfood’
- 07:41 Police tent erected at Sheffield murder scene after death of boy, 15
- 07:40 Man from north London charged with terrorism offences
- 07:40 Cash converters: could this Dutch scheme stop drivers speeding?
- 07:40 Who betrayed Anne Frank? Book claims to shed new light on mystery
- 07:40 Leeds Windrush victim could not travel to see star athlete sister’s...
- 07:39 Parking your car the wrong way round could land you a £1000 fine
- 07:39 Stories of good deeds
- 07:39 City centre is now bereft of trees
- 07:39 'Jealous' Northampton woman yanked out ex-boyfriend's dreadlocks...
- 07:39 'I feared for my life': Woman's account of alleged kidnap and sex...
- 07:38 Motorcyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following...