Traffic disruption expected when sewer work starts next month
Sections of more than 25 roads in a Nottinghamshire town will close for periods of up to a few weeks while work on a £60m sewer improvement project to protect 400 properties from flooding is carried out.
Severn Trent said it has taken steps to minimise the disruption while it replaces more than 20 km of ageing water and sewer pipes across Newark, including staggering road closures across the town over the next three years.
Work will start at Eaton Avenue in November, with some roads in the area closed for short periods during the next few months. The project is due to be competed by March... read more
- 08:27 The morning news headlines: UK set to begin 'momentous journey' to...
- 08:26 China stocks down for third day, smaller-caps drag
- 08:26 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:26 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 08:25 Daimler says expects record sales for Mercedes-Benz cars in first...
- 08:25 Rangers wonderkid urged to snub Chelsea and follow in footsteps of...
- 08:23 Inquest opened on victims of A525 death crash
- 08:22 Council facing 'tremendous' challenge to clear up Doncaster's air
- 08:21 Silk roads and chilled beef - how China is trying to fill a Trump...
- 08:21 Article 50: What does its triggering mean?
- 08:21 Telford flats hit by vandalism
- 08:21 What are the key issues for the Brexit negotiations?
- 08:21 Hospital order made on Shropshire woman who set fire to mother’s home
- 08:21 Sharp rise in Shropshire animal cruelty cases
- 08:21 Poll: Do you agree with plans to limit the number of items allowed...
- 08:20 Brexit's Article 50 to be triggered TODAY - here's what is likely...
- 08:20 Woman and teenager charged in connection with death of Pedro Godinho
- 08:20 Does your wallet or purse contain a new £1 coin worth £250?
- 08:19 The blood bike Bishop who transports vital packages across the region
- 08:19 Kath Cassidy's son pays tribute to the Newcastle United stalwart...
- 08:19 Convictions for cruelty against animals in the North East fall, but...
- 08:19 Crash between car and bike causing tailbacks on A46
- 08:18 Adam Lallana could miss as many as six Premier League games due to...
- 08:18 French ex-PM Valls backs Macron for president
- 08:17 Suspension for Shropshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:17 Shame of South Yorkshire's 9000 animal cruelty complaints
- 08:17 Letter: Osborne’s roles show us why parliament must be overhauled
- 08:17 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:16 Clean sheet thrills Edinburgh as Cobblers boss targets final flourish
- 08:15 Heartfelt tribute to 'wonderful' former Grimsby teacher Marjorie Hogg