Traffic at standstill on M1 after vehicle fire
A vehicle fire on the M1 has left all lanes closed and cars queuing in heavy traffic.
The M1 is blocked southbound between junction 23 and junction 22 and cars are queuing back to back for the most of the stretch.
The motorway is blocked while emergency services attend the scene. Traffic company Inrix has reported all lanes are now closed after lanes two and three were temporary blocked off earlier.
MORE NEWS: Four Derby teens admit to affray on night Tom Webb was murdered A spokesman for roads service Traffic Link said: "The traffic is stationary while emergency services are at the... read more
- 16:06 The North East area where alcohol treatment is 54% higher than...
- 16:06 Eastenders fans stunned as Ian Beale hints he'll leave Albert...
- 16:06 As BBC axes Crimewatch, we look back on Cumbrian cases covered on...
- 16:06 Richard Hannon-trained Barney Roy gears up for Ascot battle with...
- 16:06 Ex-Corus steelworks site plans approved
- 16:06 1 in 4 UK workers wouldn’t take a sick day unless hospitalised
- 16:05 Catalonia: Protests after Spain detains separatists
- 16:05 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:04 As BBC bins Crimewatch, we look back on Cumbrian cases covered on...
- 16:04 Walney allotment burglary under investigation
- 16:04 Askam mum donates page turning treats to help Bayb's appeal
- 16:04 It’s time to stop putting deodorant on before you work out
- 16:04 Teenage girl ‘sexually assaulted by boy’ in Banbury
- 16:04 Low success rate for government online ID service
- 16:04 'How will I sleep?' Residents in uproar as car park plan approved -...
- 16:02 'Stadium is too big and Coventry City fans too quiet': Away fans'...
- 16:00 Celtic and Rangers would improve English Premier League but will...
- 16:00 County Hall's £28m burden of finding homes for children
- 16:00 Body of a man found under Glasgow's Kingston Bridge
- 16:00 How could a district lottery be introduced to Harrogate?
- 16:00 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 16:00 Hull schoolgirls Leah Taylor and Leah Smith missing
- 16:00 Dog saved from harbour drowning
- 16:00 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 16:00 Carney signals possible rate rise
- 15:59 SEE: Stunning images of Derbyshire entered into Landscape...
- 15:58 Bank snatch thief has jail term cut by appeal court
- 15:58 Wolves and Leeds United trail Aston Villa in this Championship table
- 15:58 New homes and apartments could be built on site of former factory...
- 15:58 FA to introduce these 12 new youth football rules