Trader's stall bid thrown out
A single parent who wanted to trade from his market stall two extra days in Workington has had his application thrown out.
Jagdeep Puri, of Clay Street, applied to Allerdale council to sell phone accessories in the town centre on Fridays and Sundays.
His application had prompted fears that the the town would end up with an "informal Sunday market" if it was given the go-ahead.
This morning Allerdale's licensing panel refused his application.
Mr Puri, known as Jag, already trades on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the town's market.
But he told the panel that he wanted to do the extra... read more
- 13:54 RUMOUR MILL: Barca watch Kane and Eriksen, while Foxes hunt a big name
- 13:54 Keith Stroud to referee Burton Albion for first time since bizarre...
- 13:53 Aston Martin unveils stunning new convertible
- 13:52 PS4 games: PlayStation Halloween sale is good news for Fortnite and...
- 13:53 Dunn deal for Magpies in FA Cup?
- 13:52 Restaurant pest banned from Manchester city centre
- 13:52 Flood warning sirens to be sounded on Friday
- 13:52 Birmingham City LIVE: Updates from Steve Cotterill's pre-Millwall...
- 13:51 MARKO ARNAUTOVIC... on Jose Mourinho giving him a watch for turning...
- 13:51 Planes make skillful landings at Newcastle Airport in spite of...
- 13:50 Get your geek on at Buxton comic-con this weekend
- 13:50 Distraught pregnant woman must survive on 1p a month due to...
- 13:49 Amber Rudd’s decision to send home Americans in Scotland upheld
- 13:48 Spinathon for Royal Preston Hospital raises £100
- 13:48 Teenagers arrested in Llandudno drug raids
- 13:47 Mood in the Chelsea camp is not the best, admits Blues defender...
- 13:47 Carlos Takam confident he can beat Anthony Joshua in Cardiff after...
- 13:47 Manchester United on FIFA 18: How every player looks, highest rated...
- 13:47 Former soldier 'initiation ceremonies' in barracks left him with...
- 13:47 The importance of decentralised solar energy
- 13:46 Emergency services ‘need new law help’
- 13:46 New hope in quest for ancient beer
- 13:46 Flying Scotsman investigation at Nene Valley Railway
- 13:46 Cesar Azpilicueta worried about Chelsea’s state of mind ahead of...
- 13:46 Furious Dudley mum says toddler 'bitten by BEDBUGS' at Pontins
- 13:46 Scotland to become first part of UK to ban the smacking of children
- 13:46 Loose Women: Penny Lancaster breaks down as she reveals she was...
- 13:45 Emergency meeting over British Steel pensions called
- 13:45 Lyon v Sale Sharks: European Challenge Cup preview
- 13:44 Lancaster Brewery raises a glass to prestigious beer listings