Trader's stall bid thrown out
A single parent who wanted to trade from his market stall two extra days in Workington has had his application thrown out.
Jagdeep Puri, of Clay Street, applied to Allerdale council to sell phone accessories in the town centre on Fridays and Sundays.
His application had prompted fears that the the town would end up with an "informal Sunday market" if it was given the go-ahead.
This morning Allerdale's licensing panel refused his application.
Mr Puri, known as Jag, already trades on Wednesdays and Saturdays at the town's market.
But he told the panel that he wanted to do the extra... read more
- 11:01 Badou Jack relinquishes his WBC super-middleweight title to step up...
- 11:01 Paul Pogba's adidas fashion collection almost sells out in a day as...
- 11:01 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:01 Ulverston drug dealer and former pub landlady ordered to repay...
- 11:00 Is Bob Dylan’s painting taken from a photo of Blackpool’s North Pier?
- 11:00 Liverpool backed to complete defender transfer in January
- 11:00 Revealed: The best Coventry schools and colleges at A-Level
- 10:59 TRANSFER RUMOURS: Milan want Everton winger, Fonte to West Ham,...
- 10:59 Leeds midfielder transfer hits snag: Garry Monk trying to get it...
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans
- 10:54 Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola speaks out on Diego Costa crisis
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash