Toyota recalls 340,000 Prius cars over brake defect - is your model affected?
Japanese car giant Toyota is recalling 340,000 gas-electric hybrid Prius models worldwide over a defect in their brakes.
The recall includes 212,000 cars in Japan, 94,000 in North America, and 17,000 Prius vehicles in Europe.
Toyota Motor Corp admitted receiving reports of crashes, injuries and deaths, but refused to give details, saying it was still looking into the reports.
Would Toyota's robot companion stop you getting lonely?
Toyota today said the parking brake cable on the Prius can disengage unexpectedly, causing the brakes to stop working properly. So if the car is left in any gear... read more
- 19:37 Luke Shaw does not have what it takes to salvage Man Utd career -...
- 19:32 Cate Blanchett on Woody Allen: 'I don't think I've stayed silent at...
- 19:32 Gala concert a fitting end to great festival
- 19:31 Birmingham man arrested on suspicion of preparing for terrorist act
- 19:31 Abandoned cars is costing this council - and local taxpayers -...
- 19:30 Man exposed himself to girl in Knaresborough
- 19:30 More than 30 police quiz drivers in hunt for missing Fife student
- 19:29 England boss Gareth Southgate confirms Jordan Pickford will start...
- 19:28 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:27 Jose Mourinho tipped to appease increasingly unhappy Man Utd board
- 19:27 Paul Ince hits out at Jose Mourinho over treatment of Man Utd star,...
- 19:26 Lena Waithe addresses co-star Aziz Ansari controversy with hopes...
- 19:26 “Bloody Tam” Dalyell and his card games with the devil
- 19:25 Lemon, grapefruit and rice: Handy tips for cleaning tricky...
- 19:25 Obesity causes cancer - Cumbrian GP warns of increased risk
- 19:25 Cambridge University reveals 15% gender pay gap
- 19:22 Sherborne school bus attacker jailed for 16 months
- 19:22 Fantasy football tips: Goalkeepers and defenders with most Premier...
- 19:22 He earned mega-bucks at Birmingham City but where is Alex Hleb now?
- 19:22 Jose Mourinho receives Manchester United injury boost with Ander...
- 19:22 Port Vale striker joins the Lambs on loan
- 19:22 Aston Villa's Keinan Davis saves the day with late England winner
- 19:19 Kenya payout for mother made to deliver on hospital floor
- 19:19 Dapchi kidnap: Government 'will not abandon' lone hostage
- 19:19 Midland Classic announces major changes to bus services
- 19:18 Marcus Rashford sends thank you to Zlatan Ibrahimovic following...
- 19:12 Syrian rebels and families begin exile from besieged Ghouta
- 19:12 Obesity causes cancer - Cumbrian GP warns of increased risk
- 19:11 Andrew Finch obituary
- 19:09 Updating smear tests so that they can detect multiple cancers could...