Towneley Park shines on morning TV
“This must be one of the best parks in the country."
That was the view of BBC reporter John Maguire as TV viewers saw Towneley Park, Burnley, in all its glory this morning.
The park and its historic hall formed the picturesque backdrop for a live broadcast on this morning’s BBC Breakfast Show. The BBC was looking at the way managing Britain’s parks has changed in the light of national funding cuts.
Burnley Council has been recognised national for its innovative approach to managing not only parks, but grass and woodland and other open areas.
The item on Burnley included interviews with... read more
- 07:54 Guest Column: Taking the stress out of moving schools
- 07:54 Guest column: Heathrow plan could mean jobs boom for this area
- 07:54 Guest Column: Having the courage to get help is the best thing for...
- 07:52 Woman left unconscious outside club after telling man pestering her...
- 07:51 Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Jurgen Klopp identifies MASSIVE weakness...
- 07:51 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford has gone backwards under Jose Mourinho...
- 07:50 'Remember Savita': father's plea for voters to end Ireland's...
- 07:49 Astronomers discover a giant world – but is it a planet?
- 07:48 The GPs offering a lifeline to homeless patients
- 07:46 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt switches to professional wrestling
- 07:45 Kona aims to be king compact
- 07:44 Lauryn Hill marks 20 years of Miseducation album with arena tour
- 07:44 Unai Emery to Arsenal: New manager will be under INTENSE pressure...
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...