Town job centre is saved by office move
THE Clitheroe Jobcentre Plus is on schedule to relocate to the Ribble Valley Council Offices by the end of October.
The move to Church Walk means the 200 residents who use it each week will not have to travel to Blackburn. The centre had been based at the Lowergate Centre and had been threatened with closure.
Council leader Stuart Hirst said: “Our contractors have done a fantastic job in converting part of our ground floor into a new Jobcentre Plus office and reception. Locating the job centre at the council offices has advantages for both organisations and will be convenient for service... read more
- 10:36 Star Wars 8 Last Jedi will be a ‘dark turn for ALL’ characters
- 10:36 April snow falling in parts of Scotland
- 10:36 Tribute paid to 'first voice' of Harrogate Hospital Radio
- 10:35 High Sheriff at St George’s Day lunch to unite communities in Skegness
- 10:35 Car gets stuck on bollard in police chase at Burgh le Marsh
- 10:35 Teacher arrested after ‘sex chats’ with 13-year-old pupil
- 10:35 Three taken to hospital after collision near Tamworth
- 10:35 USA, Mexico and Canada to negotiate new Nafta trade deal
- 10:35 Serious collision closes main road near Ripley
- 10:34 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:34 Man’s desperate appeal: “I just need my arm back”
- 10:33 Does this mean Sergio Aguero is fit for Man City vs Manchester United?
- 10:33 Juan Mata confident of a Manchester United comeback for season finale
- 10:33 Work starts on new £3.8m visitor centre
- 10:33 The truth is back out there - X-Files to return for 10-part series
- 10:33 Brave female staff recall ‘frightening’ robbery at Post Office in...
- 10:33 Open and shut case for firm’s in-house move
- 10:33 Rangers star Clint Hill belts out Follow Follow with fans after...
- 10:32 Warwickshire Fire Service join water safety campaign after...
- 10:32 From 'Sandwich Artist' to 'Fearless Telephone Appointment Maker ' -...
- 10:32 Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero to wear custom new boots vs...
- 10:31 Broken down vehicle on northbound M6
- 10:31 UK consumer morale softens in first quarter on price worries -...
- 10:31 Woolworths COULD be returning to the high street soon - according...
- 10:31 Banks boost FTSE as French election ignites risk-on rally
- 10:31 The former Forest Mills lace factory could soon look like this
- 10:30 Police warning over increase in waste fires in Bispham
- 10:30 Aston Villa analysis: The game-changer, the rock, the star man and...
- 10:30 Sainsbury's shoppers can earn 10 TIMES more Nectar points over May...
- 10:30 West Brom academy teams 'victims of own success' this season