Towering hotel looks to make its mark on Glasgow skyline
Plans have been unveiled for a striking 18-storey hotel overlooking the River Clyde in Glasgow.
The proposed development at the corner of Dixon Street and Clyde Street, beyond the southern end of Buchanan Street, includes a ground-floor restaurant and retail space as well as a publicly accessible rooftop bar. It would complete Glasgow’s so-called “Style Mile” while providing views of the Clyde.
READ MORE: Celtic investor Chris Trainer plans £30m Glasgow hotel
Architectural firm Stallan-Brand is said to have drawn upon abstract images of Glasgow’s ships, bridges and cranes for its design.
A... read more
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady
- 15:19 Top shots from the Masters by snooker’s finest
- 15:19 One in, one out: Manager confirms Chelsea arrival means ace is leaving
- 15:18 Proggy mats set for American adventure
- 15:18 The future is bright for Hartlepool United under Dave Jones - Sam...
- 15:18 Manchester United goalkeeper De Gea explains why he's excited
- 15:17 Pokemon Go RIVAL Pokemon Duel gets SHOCK release on iPhone and Android
- 15:17 HSBC's Huddersfield branch survives closures
- 15:17 Oscars 2017 nominations SNUBS: From Amy Adams to Deadpool
- 15:16 Muslim campaigner backs Catholic school which banned...
- 15:16 New Mitsubishi SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 - pictures
- 15:16 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:16 French plaits, Barbie’s boyfriend and Olly Murs songs - things only...
- 15:16 Dundee boy's balloon flies 370 miles to Banbury
- 15:16 Young Gers pegged back at death
- 15:15 Premier League players with most games unbeaten after debut - who...
- 15:15 1,061 fewer teachers in Nottinghamshire by 2019, thanks to...
- 15:15 Why haven't Manchester United FC had as many penalties as their...
- 15:15 Sheffield MP calls for better online education in schools
- 15:15 Green Party announces its Copeland by-election candidate
- 15:15 Pendle unemployment slashed by over a third since 2010
- 15:15 Get your geek on at Kettering’s new Comic Con
- 15:14 Liverpool striker: This is how I can end our poor run of form
- 15:13 You’ll soon be able to climb a wall of genitals
- 15:12 Trump 'to advance controversial pipelines'