Tourists do sterling work checking into Burberry
Fashion firm Burberry has basked in soaring summertime sales in the UK as tourists flocked to London to capitalise on the plunge in sterling after June’s Brexit vote.
The retailer, famous for its camel, black and red check apparel, said yesterday that same-floorspace revenues leapt more than 30 per cent in the three months to end‑September as foreign tourists snapped up luxury goods at markedly lower prices.
READ MORE: Checks and balances at Burberry as Brexit boosts
Burberry said that Chinese and American tourists were particularly in evidence in the three-month buying flurry. It helped... read more
- 22:57 Anthony Joshua will not fight Wladimir Klitschko in December
- 22:55 U.S. scientist dies in snowmobile plunge in Antarctica
- 22:54 Young Liverpool goalkeeper Kamil Grabara, 17, looks like a...
- 22:54 Anthony Joshua forced to wait until next year for Wladimir...
- 22:52 Sheldon strikes to secure cup progress
- 22:51 Plastic surgeon posted photos of his patients going under the knife...
- 22:51 Boy, 7, miraculously survives horror crash on motorway
- 22:51 Vincent Kompany gives Man City fans honest update on injury situation
- 22:51 Arsene Wenger: This is my verdict on Arsenal's title chances
- 22:51 Championship boss confirms Man United forward is devastated to be...
- 22:46 Alex Neil: I won't do my old mate Garry Monk any favours
- 22:46 UFC: Beneil Dariush could have been an accountant instead of a fighter
- 22:45 US changes toddler screen time advice
- 22:43 Aid must provide value for money, says minister Priti Patel
- 22:41 KEVIN DE BRUYNE EXCLUSIVE: Pep Guardiola's way is the only way......
- 22:40 Venezuela political foes to hold talks as crisis deepens
- 22:38 Aaron Wilbraham: Tammy Abraham needs my help off the pitch... he...
- 22:38 Man City captain Vincent Kompany has warning for Jose Mourinho...
- 22:38 Leicester defender Christian Fuchs: I want to play in MLS
- 22:38 Harry Arter: I've made up my mind on which international side I'll...
- 22:38 Jose Mourinho: My Manchester United players need to man up
- 22:38 Jurgen Klopp: This is my message for out-of-favour Liverpool attacker
- 22:38 Newcastle expecting to make history against Preston
- 22:38 Moussa Sissoko suspension leads to opportunities for Tottenham...
- 22:38 David Moyes: This is what I have to say to Sunderland fans who want...
- 22:38 Ice hockey: Corey Neilson has warning for Nottingham players
- 22:38 Liverpool hero makes big claim about Man United star following...
- 22:38 Double injury blow ahead of Manchester derby
- 22:37 Exclusive - Philippines police plan new phase in drugs war: sources
- 22:37 Major collision on A38 sliproad