Touching memorial planned to mark one-year anniversary of Tadcaster's tragic Sonny Lang
A memorial celebration has been planned to mark one year since the tragic death of popular Tadacaster young woman Sonny Lang.
Sonny lost her life-long battle with Cystic Fibrosis on Feburary 9 last year at the age of just 23.
Her death sparked an outpouring of grief across the Tadcaster community, culminating in a successful campaign for the town's temporary footbridge to be lovingly renamed as 'Sonny's bridge'.
On Saturday, February 11, a memorial celebration will be at Tadcaster Albion's club house, the team both Sonny and her mother Anna avidly supported and worked for.
All the money... read more
- 00:30 Syrian refugee donates paintings in aid of Edinburgh art school
- 00:28 Car production hit 17-year high in February
- 00:28 How an obscure seed is helping to save the elephant
- 00:28 HSBC confident of filling Birmingham headquarters roles on time
- 00:24 Less than half of women breastfeed after two months, survey finds
- 00:23 Brexit vote: Single market benefit 'largely imaginary'
- 00:22 Lukas Podolski insists his fairytale ending for Germany was 'like...
- 00:22 Thomas Muller admits Lukas Podolski's fairytale farewell game for...
- 00:22 One in four waiting for an inheritance before they can buy a house
- 00:22 Yorkshire ‘postcode lottery’ means patients must get fatter to have...
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives