Tory attacks on the NHS and its workers are a plot to run the service down
by Danielle Tiplady
LAST year the Tories scrapped bursaries for nursing, midwifery and associated healthcare students and replaced them with extortionate loans of more than £50,000.
As a nurse, qualifying just this year, I know life as a nursing student. We are dedicated, we work 2,300 hours — nights, weekends and as well as this we do an intense academic degree.
This is a very big threat to the future workforce of the NHS.
Prospective students have stated that this has put them off training as nurses, midwives or as any of the healthcare professions.
Not only is removing the bursary... read more
- 14:48 Fernando Alonso reveals he held talks with Mercedes over replacing...
- 14:48 Taxi driver attacked by large gang of youths
- 14:47 Police name Stafford woman killed during Storm Doris after being...
- 14:47 Scots warned to hang up on new phone scam
- 14:47 Human remains found in Crete well belong to missing Sandbach man...
- 14:47 One in six fear they will need money from their kids in retirement
- 14:47 Can you help save Heckyfest?
- 14:46 Michael Warham murder trial: Jury out to deliberate
- 14:46 Serious crash closes A1079
- 14:46 From a painful injection, to root canal surgery and giving up their...
- 14:45 Two women kidnapped teens at knifepoint before one threatened to...
- 14:45 Fury as travellers move into Birmingham SCHOOL with caravan convoy
- 14:45 Waitrose is now offering an Easter TREE - and people are so...
- 14:45 Jose Mourinho blasts Leicester flops after Claudio Ranieri is sacked
- 14:45 Oscars 2017: Casey Affleck 'will WIN Best Actor' despite scandal &...
- 14:45 Bank staff donate £20,000 to hospice
- 14:45 The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild hands-on preview – eye-opener
- 14:45 Doncaster cage fighter creates history with photo shoot for gay...
- 14:44 Saudi King Salman launches investment drive with Asia tour
- 14:44 ‘Can you hear me?’ - Lincolnshire residents warned to hang up on...
- 14:44 Vehicle fire closes A38
- 14:44 Bungling burglar in pushbike getaway
- 14:43 England train ahead of Six Nations clash with Italy as coach Eddie...
- 14:43 When is The Get Down season 1 part 2 out? Netflix release date,...
- 14:42 Seating to be added to more than half of Sheffield's tram stops
- 14:41 Atherstone Ball Game top ten funky facts...
- 14:41 Lord Waddington dies aged 87
- 14:41 Burglars steal jewellery during raid on Northampton home
- 14:40 Why we should all be having sex breaks at work
- 14:40 Architect appointed for new food and drink hub at Melton market