Tory attacks on the NHS and its workers are a plot to run the service down
by Danielle Tiplady
LAST year the Tories scrapped bursaries for nursing, midwifery and associated healthcare students and replaced them with extortionate loans of more than £50,000.
As a nurse, qualifying just this year, I know life as a nursing student. We are dedicated, we work 2,300 hours — nights, weekends and as well as this we do an intense academic degree.
This is a very big threat to the future workforce of the NHS.
Prospective students have stated that this has put them off training as nurses, midwives or as any of the healthcare professions.
Not only is removing the bursary... read more
- 08:56 FTSE LIVE: Footsie negative amid slew of earnings updates; PM...
- 08:55 Where you can’t see the wood for the trees: Inside the...
- 08:55 Brazil legend Rivaldo: This is what I think about Diego Costa's...
- 08:54 Hundreds of jobs at risk as bank closes branches
- 08:51 30 people missing after avalanche buries hotel in Italy
- 08:51 South African mining deaths fall to new record low in 2016
- 08:51 Malaysian PM tells Myanmar to 'stop the killing' of Rohingya, as...
- 08:51 Supermarket worker’s £7,000 benefits fiddle
- 08:50 Man taken to hospital after Banff house fire
- 08:49 Twerking businessmen ads top complaints list
- 08:49 There is no way Donald can Trump this: Watch Barack Obama's top...
- 08:49 Tesco recalls popular curry brand after discovery of deadly cashew
- 08:48 Brandon takes on important role at Sea Cadets
- 08:47 Manchester United receive Antoine Griezmann transfer boost
- 08:45 Donald Trump firm’s golf bid sparks conflict of interest fear
- 08:45 Louth's St James' Church closed following asbestos discovery
- 08:45 Road closure remains in place as Liverpool gas leak probe continues
- 08:45 Wigan hotel is removed from asylum list
- 08:45 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors
- 08:43 Manchester United overtake Real Madrid in Deloitte’s Money League...
- 08:42 Bitcoin exchange BTCC says operating normally, no official word...
- 08:42 Novak Djokovic crashes out of the Australian Open after losing...
- 08:42 Where do your Premier League club's earnings come from?
- 08:41 People’s Choice Awards 2017: Blake Lively BEATS Meryl Streep in...
- 08:41 Design firm opens Glasgow base on back of Scottish wins
- 08:41 'OMG just got pulled over again': Student's mysterious last text to...
- 08:41 Abruzzo avalanche hotel: 30 feared dead after Italian spa resort...
- 08:41 Best and worst energy firms revealed: Ovo tops table for customer...
- 08:41 'We're open for business!' PM bangs the drum for post-Brexit...
- 08:40 Ambulance service order to improve by inspectors