Tories using Brexit as licence for xenophobia, warns Nicola Sturgeon
Nicola Sturgeon is to launch an attack on the Conservative Government, claiming it is using Brexit as a "licence for xenophobia", as the SNP's biggest-ever conference begins.
The vote to leave the EU and its implications for Scotland are set to dominate proceedings as 3,000 delegates gather for the event at the SECC in Glasgow.
The SNP leader and First Minister will open the autumn conference with a speech setting out her party's response to Brexit and contrasting it with the vision of the Westminster Tory Government, which she last week branded "deeply ugly".
She will... read more
- 01:33 'Dominant' London and South East to expand economic presence
- 01:31 Cancer Drugs Fund 'huge waste of money'
- 01:29 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Friday
- 01:19 US border residents take sides on the wall
- 01:19 Venezuela opposition leader denounces 'savage repression'
- 01:11 Albion Rovers boss Darren Young shocked after being told by letter...
- 01:10 Take your Zuckerberg to work day! Facebook founder spends the day...
- 01:10 Do YOU speak Doggo? From pupperinos to woofers, researchers reveal...
- 01:10 The $30 BILLION race to create an AI sex doll that can chat and...
- 01:09 NFL Draft 2017: Stars reveal what it's really like entering the NFL
- 00:58 Vauxhall 'reckless' over Zafira fires, say MPs
- 00:58 Jailed marine Alexander Blackman freed from prison
- 00:57 Cumbria's premier education and learning awards launched
- 00:56 Skyscanner chief honoured at digital technology awards
- 00:55 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho accuses Sergio Aguero of...
- 00:50 Why 'breathing better' is the cure for hypertension
- 00:50 How sparkling water is wrecking your teeth: Gas in the drink is...
- 00:46 Risk of deeper involvement as U.S. weighs its options in Afghanistan
- 00:41 Future of cash: Can a 'bank in a box' replace a branch?
- 00:41 TED 2017: UK 'Iron Man' demonstrates flying suit
- 00:39 Rutherglen and Cambuslang Sports Council in search for new Chairperson
- 00:37 Viewpoint: Is inequality about to get unimaginably worse?
- 00:37 Could David Miliband return to UK politics in 2017?
- 00:37 Yorkshire’s voice will ‘definitely’ be heard at Brexit summit
- 00:36 ‘Mark should’ve been safe at work. Why did they let him die?’
- 00:35 ENERGY DRINK WARNING: Just ONE could trigger 'life threatening'...
- 00:35 Depression cure - THIS surprising therapy could be alternative to...
- 00:34 Mamadou Sakho injury latest: Sam Allardyce provides update on defender
- 00:34 Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants Mike Ashley to do this
- 00:33 Halifax woman charged with terror-related offences