Tories’ ‘living wage’ a shameful swindle
MARK McHUGH describes how the ‘national living wage’ has hoodwinked workers and benefits Tory Party donors
WAGE negotiations at some of our Bakers, Food and Allied Workers Union (BFAWU) sites in Scotland have revealed a pivotal change in terms of the way we will have to negotiate in future.
The difficulty has arisen as a result of what the current government calls the “living wage,” with many describing it as being quite possibly one of the worst pieces of legislation to come from any Tory government. It has led to a good number of employers saying that this is all they are prepared to pay... read more
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced