Tories call for heads to roll over Wirral council's damning Ofsted report into children's services
Opposition leaders are set to call for heads to roll in Wirral council in the wake of a damning report in to children’s services.
The borough’s children’s services were branded “inadequate” after an inspection by Ofsted during the summer.
The watchdog found failings across the board and has ordered improvements to be made “urgently”.
Today (Monday October 17) Tory leader Jeff Green will demand council bosses including leader of the council Phil Davies and the cabinet member for children and family services Cllr Tony Smith, resign.
In a formal notice of motion to be heard in an extraordinary... read more
- 09:10 St Mary’s Church hosting children’s workshop during Warwick Festival
- 09:10 Why is the bee a symbol of Manchester?
- 09:10 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities
- 09:09 Harry Kane confirmed as England’s captain for the World Cup
- 09:08 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 09:07 Princess Beatrice looks surprised among floral-printed bouncers
- 09:07 Peaky Blinders writer reveals the Birmingham City star he'd most...
- 09:07 Where you’re from will determine what university course you’re...
- 09:07 Tollbar CEO: ‘East Lindsey should congratulate us for investing in...
- 09:07 Liverpool news: Daniel Sturridge responds to reported fall out with...
- 09:07 Shares jump on report China could scrap birth limits
- 09:05 Louth CC: First XI beaten at Woodhall Spa
- 09:04 Police hunt driver after 'hit-and-run' in Preston
- 09:04 Government wants to open mystery fund set up in 1928 to help tackle...
- 09:04 WATCH: Rio Ferdinand says England have 'no chance' of winning the...
- 09:04 Ducks filmed waiting at traffic lights for man to turn green
- 09:03 FTSE LIVE: Shares push on to another record high as positive Spring...
- 09:02 'Devastated' fans reaction over Car Share finale shocked Peter Kay
- 09:00 Rail passengers hit out at Northern after more than 50 refused...
- 08:59 This is why Tesco is scrapping best before dates on fresh food
- 08:59 Tesco to remove 'confusing' best-before labels from fruit and...
- 08:59 Ariana Grande shares heartfelt message one year on from Manchester...
- 08:59 Drug addicts in Scotland 'waiting up to six months' for treatment
- 08:59 Malaria genetics: study shows how disease became deadly
- 08:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic gets sent off for SLAPPING ex-QPR star in MLS clash
- 08:57 Woman who fought off cancer calls on fellow ladies to enter...
- 08:55 Rangers find 109,217 snares in a single park in Cambodia
- 08:53 Liverpool legend John Barnes explains how Jurgen Klopp could...
- 08:52 Departing Kenilworth mayor presents cheques to charities
- 08:51 Birchall siblings look to follow in older brother’s footsteps