Top university vows to stand by foreign academics after Tories impose Brexit ban
ONE of the country's top universities has insisted it will stand by its foreign academics after it said the Government had banned them advising ministers on Brexit because they are not UK nationals.
The bar on foreign experts at the London School of Economics (LSE) has been branded "utterly baffling" by former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg .
LSE interim director Professor Julia Black said in an internal school update memo on the matter that the world-renowned university stood by its academic principles of independence.
She added: "You may have seen reports in the media that the... read more
- 07:47 Manchester United transfer odds on top summer signings including...
- 07:46 Generosity of fundraisers enables mum to stand up fully again
- 07:46 Trust chiefs face £290k business rates increase
- 07:46 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry and Warwickshire on...
- 07:44 Link road closed for two hours after lorry fire
- 07:44 Washington braces for massive protests as Trump becomes U.S. president
- 07:43 Manchester United should have signed this Tottenham star - Harry...
- 07:42 Three-vehicle smash closes lane of A19
- 07:42 Do you know this Corby man? He’s wanted on prison recall
- 07:41 Andy Murray beats Sam Querrey in third round of the Australian Open...
- 07:41 Dan Evans vs Bernard Tomic LIVE: Follow the action as Britain's No...
- 07:40 Trump protesters pepper sprayed by police in violent clash ahead...
- 07:39 Memory match: Aston Villa v PNE 1968
- 07:39 PNE midfield ace DJ prepares to face old club
- 07:38 Tributes paid to a war hero who was a ‘true gentleman’
- 07:38 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 07:38 Leicestershire weather: Mostly dry and cold. Frost and fog patches...
- 07:38 Daventry district beats national figures for employment
- 07:37 Five Leeds secondary schools fail to hit pupils’ progress targets
- 07:37 Leeds students combat social stigma in new exhibition
- 07:37 Royal Mail shares dip as letter deliveries continue to fall
- 07:37 Digital training hub opens in Leeds city centre
- 07:37 Video: Let It Shine singer visits Leeds primary school
- 07:37 Child's play gets a significant boost at school thanks to £27k project
- 07:37 Russia sees positive signs in Syria peace process - agencies cite...
- 07:36 Midfield priority for David Moyes as Sunderland chase Brady, Boudebouz
- 07:36 All lanes re-opened after car smash on Southbound M6
- 07:33 China cuts reserve ratios for big five banks temporarily amid cash...
- 07:33 Ebola, war … but just two psychiatrists to deal with a nation's trauma
- 07:32 Vicious punch fractured girlfriend's eye socket leaving her with...