Top of Bold Street sealed off by police after Liverpool city centre assault
Police taped off the top of Bold Street in Liverpool city centre after reports of an assault.
Two police vans were positioned either side of the police cordon, close to Bombed Out church St Luke's and at the intersection of Berry Street, Renshaw Street and Leece Street.
Within the police cordon, a bloodied rag appeared to be visible among the litter on the ground.
The premises within the cordon include the former Cabin Club, Cafe Tabac, and the Sida Far Eastern supermarket.
Read More 'Terrifying' moment sledgehammer gang on scrambler bikes attacked jewellers
A Merseyside police spokesperson... read more
- 08:12 ISIS says it was behind London terror attack
- 08:12 Barrow mums speak of breastfeeding pride as figures reveal town has...
- 08:12 Figures show huge rise in child sex abuse cases in Lancashire
- 08:11 Cousin of tragic Mikala Ireland to run London Marathon in her memory
- 08:11 UFC want half of Conor McGregor's purse if he fights Floyd...
- 08:10 Exclusive: Ed Sheeran moved to tears by Liberia trip
- 08:10 Mel B timed her divorce to Stephen Belafonte so she could hang onto...
- 08:10 Stephanie Davis shares very intimate photo of the moment baby son...
- 08:10 Live updates: Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood unmasked as...
- 08:09 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:08 Premier League stats: Top passers this season revealed with one...
- 08:08 Lewis Hamilton makes statement about world title in Australian...
- 08:07 A590 closed at Lindal tonight 8pm-6am but road fully reopens...
- 08:07 Former Cumbria chief constable to lead response to Westminster...
- 08:07 Green light for measures aimed at cutting Cartmel congestion
- 08:07 Inspectors visit Dalton zoo ahead of fresh licence application
- 08:07 Young Barrow woman's life cut short after battle with addiction
- 08:07 Hundreds turn out to say goodbye to Sunderland dad Lee Downey
- 08:07 Alliance Trust Savings returns to full-year profit
- 08:06 Author Bill Bryson names St Andrew’s Church in Whissendine as one...
- 08:06 Roosting pigeons leave St Mary’s Church in Stamford with £30,000...
- 08:06 Villages such as Measham to become 'meat in noisy sandwich' over...
- 08:06 Campaigners hit out at Florida Farm decision
- 08:06 Bank branch to close its doors in September
- 08:06 Number of child sex offences recorded in Derbyshire drops
- 08:05 ‘I’m not going to retire’ says Hartlepool TV star Jeff Stelling
- 08:05 Plans for 30 homes in village near Shrewsbury submitted
- 08:04 Sheffield ice hockey player to be sentenced for sex attacks on girls
- 08:04 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone
- 08:03 Guest column: Shale gas application was a complex call for everyone