Top Man City transfer target Aymeric Laporte reveals why he turned them down
Top summer defensive target Aymeric Laporte has revealed why he turned down Manchester City .
The Athletic Bilbao centre back was made a prime target by Pep Guardiola as he sought to revamp the centre of defence after agreeing to take over as manager.
But Laporte delivered a blow to the Blues by turning down a £38million move, when it had seemed that the deal was in the bag.
The 22-year-old was earmarked as a partner for £47million buy John Stones , but he had second thoughts about the move after suffering an ankle break and dislocation while playing for France under-21s.
That was the... read more
- 11:35 Derbyshire Times launches campaign to raise vital cancer care funds
- 11:35 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:35 Premier League Predictions: Man United beat Spurs, Chelsea...
- 11:35 REVEALED: Millions of pounds made from parking charges and fines in...
- 11:35 Whole community invited to Evening Mail's annual carol service
- 11:35 Dalton zoo gives youngsters chance to feed camels as part of...
- 11:35 Overnight road closure planned
- 11:35 Barrow community enjoys vintage afternoon tea event
- 11:34 Generous man says thank you to Northampton people for hundreds of...
- 11:34 Trading standards warn over illegally-imported puppies
- 11:34 Stabbing in Webster Street, Derby - our full report from the scene
- 11:34 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:34 Dramatic scenes as bungling car thieves crashed vehicle catches...
- 11:32 Film reviews: Hero or villain?
- 11:32 Bridge academies are falling down
- 11:32 The West’s policies towards Islamic countries backfire spectacularly
- 11:33 Christmas hair video tutorial: Here’s how to create a Christmas...
- 11:32 The elephant in the room
- 11:32 Hypocrisy over Saudi Arabia
- 11:32 World in brief: Friday December 9 2016
- 11:32 South Korea’s President Park faces impeachment charge
- 11:32 Assad: Winning Aleppo siege is a landmark moment
- 11:33 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:32 Southern strike is back on track
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer