‘Top five in history’ Arsene Wenger changed Arsenal forever, says Ray Parlour
On the 20th anniversary of Arsene Wenger’s first game in charge of Arsenal, Ray Parlour has paid a glowing tribute to his former manager.
Wenger took charge of his first match on October 12, 1996, where he masterminded his first win of many by beating Blackburn 2-0 at Ewood Park.
An Ian Wright double clinched victory on that day as the 66-year-old opened his managerial account in England with a win.
It would prove to be the first of many as Wenger has since gone on to win 648 competitive games for Arsenal, and he will hope to add to that tally against Swansea at the Emirates on Saturday.... read more
- 00:20 Fresh fears that business rates increase could hit investment
- 00:19 Energy bills: customer switching hits six-year high
- 00:19 New York’s example can help the North become economic powerhouse
- 00:17 Consumers switching of energy suppliers reaches six year high
- 00:16 Last weekend's TV reviewed: Diana styled it her way
- 00:14 Holograms, mistrust and 'fake news' in France's election
- 00:14 Oscars 2017 WINNERS LIST: Will La La Land sweep the board?
- 00:14 Based on a true story: We should expect too much from our...
- 00:13 GPs are failing people with eating disorders, says charity
- 00:11 Drivers face double points for phone use
- 00:11 YEP Says: Reliable service vital for Leeds’s future success
- 00:04 The disappearance of Jonathan Spollen
- 00:03 Howe vows Cherries will keep pressing
- 00:03 The war grief, pain and loss that will not be televised
- 00:03 Time to ask the arms industry to come clean
- 00:03 A memory that serves us well
- 00:03 Harry thrills with hat-trick
- 00:03 Six Nations: Messy England fend off Italy
- 00:03 What price Claudio?
- 00:03 The other Miliband obfuscates for Murdoch
- 00:03 The people hold Venezuela's future
- 00:03 Little good in DWP’s mass jobcentre cull
- 00:03 Cure for a cold? Scientists unearth 'hidden code' that could STOP...
- 00:03 Corbyn critics offer nothing
- 00:03 Hundreds protest at art gallery’s ‘alt-right’ links
- 00:03 Tories MPs call for Heseltine to go after rebellion threat
- 00:03 Woman in fear for life faces deportation
- 23:59 Leicester City caretaker manager Craig Shakespeare hopes they will...
- 23:59 Scotland boss Vern Cotter warns England their best is yet to come...
- 23:59 Millions without water in Chile capital, Santiago