Tony Pulis loses £3.7m Crystal Palace court battle
West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has lost a £3.7m High Court battle with former club Crystal Palace.
A Premier League Managers' Arbitration Tribunal ruled earlier this year that Pulis should pay £3.7m damages to the club in a dispute about the way he left at the start of the 2014-15 season.
Crystal Palace claimed Pulis deceived them into paying a £2m bonus, something he denied.
Pulis challenged the order in the High Court but a judge ruled against him.
Details of the case have emerged in a written ruling published by the judge on Monday.
Pulis had a contract with the south London... read more
- 16:16 Bones of penguin the size of a man discovered in New Zealand
- 16:16 How Derby County's subs are playing a key role this season
- 16:16 Driver ‘deliberately crashed into group of bouncers’ after...
- 16:16 Failed New York suicide bomber taunted Donald Trump with Facebook post
- 16:16 JK Rowling made Companion of Honour
- 16:15 Nuneaton household's dazzling festive fundraiser
- 16:15 The big freeze: Some schools to remain closed for a THIRD day
- 16:15 Ross Barkley reveals scar after hamstring injury - but he is close...
- 16:15 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:15 Public hearing into Melton Local Plan to start next month
- 16:15 Repeat victim robbed at knifepoint after raiders broke into his...
- 16:15 Leeds student’s death - jury inquest continues
- 16:14 Mosque linked to ISIS Jihadi terror forced to install CCTV to...
- 16:14 Lakes hotel unveils £250k bedrooms revamp
- 16:14 South Cumbria pupils experience life as college students
- 16:14 Sports brand stays one step ahead with world first in footwear
- 16:14 Fire crews tackle blaze at Co-operative supermarket in Norton
- 16:14 40 cameras and the 'same people over and over': The battle against...
- 16:14 Ryanair pilots set to strike five days before Christmas
- 16:13 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Alexandra Burke issued APOLOGY over...
- 16:13 Toto Wolff sets Valtteri Bottas task of overtaking F1 champion...
- 16:13 Motorway blocked after crash between two lorries and a car
- 16:13 Llandyrnog cheese plants defeats ice and snow to take delivery of...
- 16:13 Teams worked through the night
- 16:12 New deal secures future of Bakewell’s Agricultural Business Centre
- 16:12 The festive foods you can and can't feed your dogs and cats
- 16:12 Which supermarket is the cheapest Aldi or Lidl?
- 16:12 A great year for Building Bridges in Burnley
- 16:12 West Ham v Arsenal: Drop Alexis Sanchez and give Olivier Giroud and...
- 16:12 Marcos Rojo reveals gruesome head wound after Manchester United’s...