Tony Blair urges pro-Europeans to 'rise up' and stop Brexit
Brexit can still be stopped, former Prime Minister Tony Blair has insisted.
He said leaving the European Union was not inevitable and urged supporters of EU membership to “rise up” and make the arguments for staying in.
Mr Blair called for politicians from different parties to work together, and said the Labour Party today was too weak to put up a fight against Brexit.
He insisted: “They will say Leaving is inevitable. It isn’t.
“They will say we don’t represent the people. We do, many millions of them and with determination many millions more.”
Mr Blair, Labour Prime Minister from 1997 to... read more
- 15:42 New project will create graduate jobs at small Notts businesses
- 15:41 Krispy Kreme has changed name because Brits can't say it properly
- 15:41 Fylde graphic house defies Brexit in global talent hunt
- 15:41 Restorative justice project launched in Northumberland
- 15:40 Selly Park travellers hit with eviction notice after SIXTH illegal...
- 15:40 Reward of up to £25,000 to catch people scamming cash machines
- 15:40 Police issue photo of man in hunt for lottery ticket scam gang
- 15:39 Does not drinking enough water really make your vagina dehydrated?
- 15:39 WARNING: Thieves target cars in Bamber Bridge
- 15:39 Expected Man Utd XI: Who is fit for Jose Mourinho’s 4-2-3-1 to take...
- 15:38 Arrest warrant as Telford burglar, 31, is jailed in his absence
- 15:37 Krispy Kreme has changed name because Brits can't say it properly
- 15:37 Greggs bakery heir Colin Gregg jailed for abusing boys
- 15:36 Wrexham AFC striker George Harry delighted to open his senior account
- 15:35 Why Ferrari will continue to dominate Mercedes and Red Bull in...
- 15:35 Police appeal after man exposes himself to teenage girls
- 15:35 Vodka thief sent back to prison for £7 theft in Mansfield
- 15:35 Call of Duty WW2 update: Here's when will Call of Duty 2017 will be...
- 15:35 Justice League: You won’t BELIEVE how long the Batman v Superman...
- 15:34 Creators in chief: The 10 Prem stars to create the most chances...
- 15:34 Dog owners warned after Alabama Rot case confirmed near Warwick
- 15:33 Driver took 44 TONNE lorry on Swarkestone Bridge (the limit is 7.5...
- 15:33 'He could have played for Manchester United' - Birmingham City fans...
- 15:33 Niall Farrell: Remember the name of this wonderkid-in-waiting
- 15:31 Passerby finds body of woman, 60, in River Trent
- 15:31 Malaysia only talking to Dassault about fighter purchase - French...
- 15:31 'We will believe you': Police urge sex abuse victims to come...
- 15:31 VIDEO: 'Gun-toting and axe-wielding thugs have hijacked our...
- 15:31 'Please help me find my dad' - heartbreak of daughter desperate to...
- 15:27 1980s nostalgia at Nottingham bar Rub with Rubik's Cube and Pretty...