Tony Blair hints at return to front-line politics - saying Britain risks becoming a 'one-party state'
Tony Blair has said he is considering returning to British politics - saying he is worried the country risks becoming a 'one-party state'
The former Labour prime minister said it was "a tragedy" that the two choices facing the electorate were the Tories pursuing a hard Brexit and "an ultra-left Labour Party" which has "a set of policies that takes us back to the Sixties".
Mr Blair recently announced that he would be significantly scaling back his business empire in order to focus on charity work.
And, in an interview with Esquire magazine, he refused to rule... read more
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...
- 16:52 Xbox Scorpio NEWS: Microsoft makes plans for FLASHY new dashboard
- 16:52 Wheel-y neat: Tube-style map reveals how London's web of cycle...
- 16:52 Deadpool 2 news: Rumoured Domino star Kerry Washington RESPONDS to...
- 16:52 You can marry a dog in India and identify as a dragon in Russia:...
- 16:51 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 16:51 Renault unveil 2017 F1 car for the new season that Britain's Jolyon...
- 16:50 Chart-topping American hip-hop star confirms Nottingham date on...
- 16:50 Which Nottingham pub has become a weddings venue?
- 16:49 Challenge Cup draw ‘a real challenge’ for Coventry Bears
- 16:49 Firm enjoys sweet taste of success
- 16:49 Stargazers set to benefit from new observatory in Kielder
- 16:49 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:48 On The Wildside
- 16:48 Searching for the lost village of Bunkle
- 16:48 Berwickshire High School reunion planned
- 16:47 Man proposes to girlfriend with beautiful poem tattooed on...
- 16:47 Fleetwood MP inspires students during visit to Rossall
- 16:47 Concert tomorrow to promote folk singer’s new album
- 16:47 Pensioner who died after being hit by a taxi "will be sadly missed"