Tom Heaton labels late Arsenal winner as 'sickener' after controversial handball robs Burnley of a point
'Tough to take,' was Tom Heaton's synopsis of Burnley's last-gasp defeat by Arsenal as he questioned quite how referee Craig Pawson allowed the controversial winner to stand.
The Clarets were left aghast that Laurent Koscielny's handball while standing in an offside position was not ruled out with seconds to go at Turf Moor on Sunday.
It gave Arsene Wenger - who called his side 'lucky' - three points to celebrate on his 20th anniversary as manager.
RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera should have been... Burnley 0-1 Arsenal PLAYER RATINGS: Gunners... read more
- 08:05 Alan Shearer to receive CBE from Prince William at Buckingham Palace
- 08:05 Thomas Cook buys Co-Op out from travel stores business for 56 mln stg
- 08:04 Anger as Telford drivers caught up in further delays with latest...
- 08:04 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 6
- 08:04 Aleppo's fall would be win for Russia, defeat for U.S. in Mideast
- 08:04 Liverpool eye Quincy Promes transfer to help cope with Sadio...
- 08:03 Trimming your pubic hair can have unwanted consequences
- 08:03 Cleaner mocked for staring at expensive jewellery showered with...
- 08:01 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 9: WIN! A laptop worth £150 courtesy of Miller...
- 08:01 Mother of Millom teen who died at Kendal Calling says drug booths...
- 08:01 Man who denies assaulting surgeon at Furness General Hospital set...
- 08:01 Barrow man accused of stealing more than £1,000 worth of goods from...
- 08:01 Barrow teen accused of possessing a knife blade in public set to...
- 08:02 'Using a mobile phone while driving is as crazy as drink driving'...
- 08:01 Barrow mum of three opens up about her life after breast cancer
- 08:02 Pupil to transform South Derbyshire school's garden as part of project
- 08:01 Barrow "little fighter" nominated to be Christmas Star
- 08:01 Barrow fiancée left shocked and heartbroken by partner's sudden death
- 08:00 Liverpool eye January transfer raid: Jurgen Klopp wanted this star...
- 08:00 Pundit: Chelsea can win the league if they don't do this
- 08:00 Chelsea legend takes cheeky dig at Liverpool: The Reds won’t like this
- 07:59 Paedophile murdered by group of preschool victims’ parents
- 07:58 People can’t stop taking the p*ss out of this Forever 21 choker
- 07:57 U.S. military to return some land in Okinawa by year end
- 07:56 Reports from the courts
- 07:55 Harry Redknapp criticises FA over coach claims
- 07:55 Rowdy tourist's wrecking spree in Lake District hotel
- 07:55 LRA commander Dominic Ongwen to go on trial at ICC
- 07:53 Motorists freed by firefighters in two Lincolnshire crashes
- 07:53 Hospital discharged terminally ill man at 11pm – inquest hears he...