Toddler 'drowned' in food after being force-fed by father
A toddler's lungs filled with food and he "effectively drowned" when his father force-fed him, the Old Bailey has heard.
The three-year-old was allegedly forced to lie across his father's lap as a porridge-like mixture was poured into his mouth, in November 2015.
The boy must have struggled for release, the court heard.
His 32-year-old father, from north-west London, denies manslaughter and cruelty to a child.
Jurors were told the boy would be fed a blended mixture of bread, milk, Weetabix and oats - with rice pudding or spaghetti sometimes added.
Lungs stuffed with food The... read more
- 00:30 Top award for Leeds hospital garden
- 00:28 'Hummus crisis': Why are supermarkets removing the dip?
- 00:27 Manchester United want to re-sign Michael Keane but Burnley value...
- 00:27 FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirms video referees at 2018...
- 00:26 Zlatan Ibrahimovic turns down megabucks deal: Jose Mourinho wants...
- 00:25 Paraguay's lower house rejects presidential re-election amendment
- 00:24 Arsenal fans steering clear of the Emirates and Alexis Sanchez...
- 00:24 Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend show Tottenham what they're...
- 00:24 Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce fears Mamadou Sakho has...
- 00:24 Chelsea brothers Nathaniel and Trevoh Chalobah have dance-off in...
- 00:24 University of Glasgow honours life of James McCune Smith
- 00:23 'Have a little swagger', CEOs tell May in bid to make Brexit pay
- 00:23 ECB seen firmly on hold but may set stage for June shift
- 00:23 British housing starts indicator hits 10-year high, commercial...
- 00:21 Star Wars favourite Ian McDiarmid to play Enoch Powell on stage in...
- 00:19 General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump' says Johnson
- 00:17 What's behind Uber's success in Egypt?
- 00:15 Blood test to spot lung cancer relapse hailed as 'new hope'
- 00:12 US military bosses reveal radical plan to hack soldier's brains to...
- 00:12 'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits
- 00:12 The 'golden bloom' that could revolutionise the search for alien...
- 00:10 Trump's 'armada' within 'STRIKING DISTANCE’ of North Korea amid...
- 00:10 ‘No-answers May will bully weak to defend strong’
- 00:09 Political risk biggest concern for insurers globally - survey
- 00:09 Northants set sights on Royal London One-Day Cup glory
- 00:09 Ebook sales drop as readers favour non-fiction books
- 00:09 French voters in Scotland look on as election battle heats up
- 00:09 SFA says system to protect young footballers from abuse ‘ineffective’
- 00:08 Newcrest expects to hit low end of gold target after damage to...
- 00:07 French ‘evidence’ of Assad atrocity rejected by Russia