Toddler died after swallowing battery from 3D TV glasses
A toddler died a week after swallowing a button battery used in 3D TV glasses, an inquest has found.
Two-year-old Francesca Asan was taken to Basingstoke hospital in May after becoming ill and died within hours. A small battery was found later during tests.
An inquest heard it burnt through an artery close to her windpipe.
Coroner Andrew Bradley returned a verdict of misadventure and urged parents to be cautious.
If accidentally swallowed, the small, round batteries can get lodged in the oesophagus and burn a hole through its lining.
The inquest heard Francesca was born with an artery out... read more
- 15:08 Technology addiction leading to relationship breakdowns
- 15:07 Egg company takes environment award
- 15:06 Jolene believes to achieve at Euros
- 15:06 Great white shark ‘is seen hunting in British waters for the first...
- 15:06 Baby was born so premature her eyes were still fused shut
- 15:05 Antonio Conte's transfer wish list: Chelsea boss wants Tiemoue...
- 15:05 Adam Armstrong to be loaned out by Newcastle United again
- 15:05 Real Madrid may want Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez if Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 15:05 Nemanja Matic to Man Utd: Why the Chelsea star is the perfect man...
- 15:05 Serena Williams looks magnificent as she poses naked for iconic...
- 15:04 Berwick Labour confident after improved showing on June 8
- 15:04 Funding boost for the arts in Northumberland
- 15:03 Funding boost for the arts in Northumberland
- 15:03 Take a trip back to the year you were born
- 15:02 Man and woman arrested after report of intruders inside house
- 15:01 What is listeria monocytogenes and what are the symptoms?
- 15:01 When do Burton Albion return for pre-season? All you need to know...
- 15:01 Ryanair CEO says keen on majority stake if decides to bid for Alitalia
- 15:01 Wimbledon 2017: Here's where you can play tennis in Burton and...
- 15:00 Weather warning for heavy rain and thunder in Oxfordshire issued by...
- 15:00 We’ll be taking a photo of this gorgeous dog’s fur to the hairdressers
- 14:59 Number of attack on South Yorkshire police officers doubles
- 14:59 Sheffield trophy row goes to appeal
- 14:59 Doncaster Big Brother winner becomes a mum - and shares photo of...
- 14:59 Death crash trial driver says horror will live with him forever
- 14:58 Wee Gers take on Killie Colts in Irn-Bru Cup
- 14:58 PICTURES: Belton Barrow Race 2017
- 14:57 Pervert snared after arranging to meet schoolgirl outside Greggs in...
- 14:56 Nicola Sturgeon ‘resets’ indyref2 plans
- 14:56 Jorge Mendes arrives at Spanish court to give evidence in tax fraud...