Toddler died after swallowing battery from 3D TV glasses
A toddler died a week after swallowing a button battery used in 3D TV glasses, an inquest has found.
Two-year-old Francesca Asan was taken to Basingstoke hospital in May after becoming ill and died within hours. A small battery was found later during tests.
An inquest heard it burnt through an artery close to her windpipe.
Coroner Andrew Bradley returned a verdict of misadventure and urged parents to be cautious.
If accidentally swallowed, the small, round batteries can get lodged in the oesophagus and burn a hole through its lining.
The inquest heard Francesca was born with an artery out... read more
- 19:39 After Stockport County loss, Morrell admits: 'We need some crazy...
- 19:37 LOTTO RESULTS: Winning National Lottery numbers for Saturday March...
- 19:36 Sylhet blasts kill four amid Bangladesh militant raid
- 19:35 Congo bloodbath as 42 cops beheaded after being ambushed by militias
- 19:35 Future of ferry remains all at sea
- 19:32 Last-gasp Sam Jones try puts RGC into WRU National Cup Final
- 19:31 FBI and NSA experts warn: US has to learn from UK and MUST counter...
- 19:30 Iran denies harassing U.S. warships in Gulf, warns of clashes
- 19:30 Manchester United tickets: A complete guide on how to attend the...
- 19:25 Ten arrested during Edinburgh fascist rally
- 19:21 Former Anfield favourite makes Philippe Coutinho prediction:...
- 19:21 Stockport County 2 Tamworth 1 : Former Lamb Lloyd haunts his old club
- 19:18 Death of Khyra Ishaq - recommendations from the Serious Case Review
- 19:15 Strictly Come Dancing comes to Burton as Russell Roof Tiles raise...
- 19:10 Grimsby Town striker Scott Vernon out for two weeks after head...
- 19:08 Eden Hazard informs friends he’s staying at Chelsea next season
- 19:08 Chelsea hold talks with Bundesliga club over striker transfer
- 19:07 Mark Robins faces nervous wait on Kwame Thomas and Jordan Willis...
- 19:06 Brilliant Town put dent in Banbury’s play-off hopes
- 19:06 Jockey Jacob seals winning double at Stratford
- 19:06 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 19:06 The ECHO takes a look at the history of the EMR site following last...
- 19:06 Streets of hope: Granby's good news story keeps evolving
- 19:01 Chelsea's Dominic Solanke subject of interest from RB Leipzig as...
- 18:58 Last-gasp heartbreak for Gainsborough Trinity as Pilgrims and...
- 18:58 Lithuania boss Edgaras Jankauskas eyes England shock: 'Iceland...
- 18:57 Brigg Road closed after accident
- 18:52 How your bank balance could be better or worse off from April 1
- 18:52 Four police cars 'block off part of Anlaby Road' following crash
- 18:50 Woman jailed for dragging man down street with her car following...