Toddler, 2, dies after being left in a sweltering van outside nursery
A two-year-old boy has died after being left in a hot van outside a nursery in Miami yesterday.
The driver had been dropping off other children at the Vision of Life Academy and only spotted the toddler left in the van when he returned.
When emergency services arrived at 3.45pm, they found the boy unconscious at the back of the van and in cardiac arrest.
Police say he was found in the rear compartment but did not say how long the toddler had been left in the van.
MORE: Doctor punched by drunk man he was helping ends up in court for hitting back
MORE: Filmmakers spend £60,000 they got from... read more
- 10:49 Family's emotional thank you to M6 heroes
- 10:49 Ex-Rangers flop Joey Barton received record I’m A Celebrity offer
- 10:48 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:48 Chelsea team news: Predicted Chelsea line up to face Liverpool
- 10:48 Widnes half-back Rangi Chase receives two-year ban from sport after...
- 10:47 Doctor Who Christmas Day special preview screening to be shown in Hull
- 10:46 Little Miss Inventor joins Mr Men and Little Miss line-up
- 10:46 Joy for campaigners as historic viaduct set to open for first time...
- 10:45 Nursery group snaps up two-storey site in St Helens
- 10:45 Four text messages from your 'bank' which you should never reply to
- 10:45 FTSE 100 slips as Centrica shares tumble
- 10:44 Sock theft is a thing of the past for Spud
- 10:44 International recording star Thomas Spencer to perform in Tutbury...
- 10:43 Grantham charity evening hits the bullseye
- 10:43 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:43 Nursery enjoys sweet rewards from bees
- 10:43 UPDATED 10.34am: 'Total carnage' at A590 crash site as road is...
- 10:42 Marshes Wind Farm company awards thousands to community projects
- 10:42 Find out if Chester's Apprentice hopeful Andrew Brady escaped...
- 10:42 Wasps star Nathan Hughes wins praise from England boss ahead of...
- 10:42 EastEnders spoilers: Lauren Branning to die as Max is forced to...
- 10:41 Airport hack - This is why you should ALWAYS pick the security line...
- 10:41 Another drug dealing flat closed in Kettering
- 10:40 Bastian Schweinsteiger and Ana Ivanovic are expecting a baby… with...
- 10:40 WIN unique chance to turn on the RSC Tower’s Christmas Lights
- 10:40 England batsman James Vince out to prove Ashes doubters wrong after...
- 10:40 Revealed: How pilots 'make up time' if your flight is delayed at...
- 10:40 Meet the key players in civil engineering
- 10:40 Alford drink-driver disqualified after head-on collision
- 10:40 Emergency services rescue more than 70 from floods overnight as...