Tiny twins born at just 24 weeks survive after doctors cover the pair in BUBBLE WRAP to keep them warm
Twins who were born four months early after a five-day labour were saved after being kept in bubble wrap.
Isabelle and Fletcher Salloum were not expected to survive after arriving at just 24 weeks – before the UK abortion cut-off limit.
But they were covered by doctors in the everyday material shortly after birth to keep them warm and retain their body heat.
Both the twins, from Southwick, West Sussex, developed chronic lung disease, a heart-related illness and a tissue-eating bug.
Despite everything they have faced, the pair are now 19 months old and are deemed to be healthy by doctors.... read more
- 10:17 Horton Treatment Centre to host recruitment drive
- 10:16 Real Madrid ace Cristiano Ronaldo holds meeting with Florentino...
- 10:15 Lewis Hamilton to 'take a knee' during national anthem at US Grand...
- 10:15 Chelsea news: Radja Nainggolan hints at future Blues transfer after...
- 10:15 Liverpool news: Coach reveals Sadio Mane injury boost, Chelsea...
- 10:15 Justin Thomas makes lightning start in CJ Cup @ Nine Bridges with...
- 10:15 Tom Jones: Abuse and harassment 'common' in music industry as well...
- 10:15 Lindsay Logan says she was abused by ex-fiancée
- 10:15 Man in court over Lancaster Uni laptop thefts
- 10:15 Selfie-taking chocolate bunnies are coming this Easter
- 10:15 Man stabbed in neck in Tamworth
- 10:15 Updates: Industrial estate sealed off after man stabbed in neck
- 10:15 Teenage striker having trial at West Brom, manager confirms
- 10:14 Chamber music: Marvellous Mozart - Stephen Joseph Theatre
- 10:14 Booze-fuelled thug attacked partner before trying to strangle...
- 10:14 Royal Albert Drive car stunt costs taxpayers £52,000
- 10:14 MP pushes for better coverage from mobile phone operators
- 10:12 Boarded up town centre house could be bulldozed to make way for flats
- 10:12 Malta journalist Daphne Galizia's sons reject million euro reward
- 10:12 Revealed: Opening date for Caffè Nero in Louth
- 10:11 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:11 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:10 Carnage as millionaire's daughter kills six after ramming into...
- 10:10 Mytholmroyd man awarded for community work after Boxing Day floods
- 10:09 Fly-tipping costs taxpayers £58m in clean-up costs
- 10:09 Parking Eye withdraws from Worksop’s Priory Shopping Centre
- 10:08 Brewers Talk: is the time now for Burton Albion's first away win of...
- 10:07 I see TWOO! Incredibly rare British Ino owl with ghostly white...
- 10:07 Passenger is suing an airline because he was given sparkling wine...
- 10:07 Man accused of using ‘extreme violence’ to murder toddler gives...