Times cartoon of 'migrant ferry across the Mersey' branded 'grim' and 'tasteless'
Twitter users have slammed The Times for a 'grim', 'disgusting' and 'tasteless' cartoon in today's paper.
The image shows an overcrowded ferry boat sailing across the Mersey with Jeremy Corbyn at the helm and the Liverpool skyline in the background.
Drawn by cartoonist Peter D. Brookes, it was published the day after the end of the Labour Party conference in Liverpool and following Jeremy Corbyn's remarks that he would not pledge to cut immigration by putting a number on it.
Regardless of opinions on Corbyn's stance, many people are outraged at the cartoon's depiction of migrants many took... read more
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition
- 11:31 West Brom: The bumper list of free transfers available for Tony...
- 11:31 Aston Villa: The bumper list of free transfers Steve Bruce could...
- 11:30 When do the clocks go forward in 2017? Here's what you need to know...